Help! Help with bbshd 1000w

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021
There is a ridge in the centre of the BB where the threads meet from each side. Remove this from around the circumference of the tube and your motor will fit without the use of a hammer.
Thanks for the fast reply i really do hope the half round file will do the job

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The BB shell needs to be 34 mm dia internally for a nice fit.

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021
Hi I got one problem only what chain do I need now ? My old one was 8 speed chain should I get a 10 speed chain

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021
I got a 46t chainring but before my chain ring was 36t so there for I was wondering maybe a 10 chain speed or a 11 might just do the job

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021
I didn't know that was possible I just need my chain to be longer that's all so what size shall i get in 8 speed

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Count the links in your chain, you need 10 more than you have. Most are 116 link which should be fine.

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021
I spoke to tredz and they recommended Me to buy the 116 link chain but I'll still count my old chain

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021
Hi just a quick update the chain and everything works but there's only 2 problems I've got now so the first one is the battery mount without the 52v 20ah battery placed on the mount its really steady like it won't move at all not even a wobbly but as soon as I put the battery on the mount it becomes wobbly if touching it is there anything I can use to secure and steady the battery on the mount I won't be taking the battery off the mount when charging so I'm fine if it has to stay there as long as its really steady I'm happy

Also the 2nd problem is with the bbshd usually I've seen on YouTube videos that the motor is meant to hang but my one doesn't hang that far due to the rear hydraulic brakes what can I do to fully keep it up and not hit a speed bump or a pavement edge when riding my bike ?

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Hi just a quick update the chain and everything works but there's only 2 problems I've got now so the first one is the battery mount without the 52v 20ah battery placed on the mount its really steady like it won't move at all not even a wobbly but as soon as I put the battery on the mount it becomes wobbly if touching it is there anything I can use to secure and steady the battery on the mount I won't be taking the battery off the mount when charging so I'm fine if it has to stay there as long as its really steady I'm happy

Also the 2nd problem is with the bbshd usually I've seen on YouTube videos that the motor is meant to hang but my one doesn't hang that far due to the rear hydraulic brakes what can I do to fully keep it up and not hit a speed bump or a pavement edge when riding my bike ?
Can you put up pictures to illustrate these issues? Side view of both battery mount, and motor position would be useful, and a detail of how the brakes are getting in the way. Thanks.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
That's the motor as you can see the rear hydraulic brake line gets in the way
The only answer to that is reroute the brake line. That might also mean a longer hose.

What about the battery mount?

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The torque of the motor will cause the big nut to come loose and crush the brake hose
Most installations require the motor to rest on the down tube or if not an anti rotation bracket
Know its a faff to reroute the brake line but it will be the best result in the end

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021
The torque of the motor will cause the big nut to come loose and crush the brake hose
Most installations require the motor to rest on the down tube or if not an anti rotation bracket
Know its a faff to reroute the brake line but it will be the best result in the end
Would a 165mm hose work I got a xl bike frame