Herts - A new company I had not heard of

raymee

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 12, 2015
I noticed a website for a company on my doorstep selling conversion kits and converted Bikes, I took a quick visit today, these guys are serious operators, obviously having other Business interests, they were loading a truck with 200 converted bikes for a Polish Customer, in talking to them they have not advertised in the UK but they are now preparing to trade in the UK - big time I think..I got offered a job !!!! Converting bikes is not for me but if anybody fancies it you could contact them electricbike-conversions.com

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
200 bikes in a truck? that truck must be about 60ft long.
in case you haven't noticed, it's raymee's first post.

Reactions: Wicky and Sylvester

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
200 bikes in a truck? that truck must be about 60ft long.
in case you haven't noticed, it's raymee's first post.
I think it's a typical error of using .com instead of .co.uk.

And if I've told him once, I've told him a million times to stop exaggerating.
200 bikes!

Reactions: Cyclezee

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And if I've told him once, I've told him a million times to stop exaggerating.
200 bikes!
From the i-bike bicycle recycling site:

Start a campaign to collect enough useable bikes, (400-500), bike tools, spare parts and accessories to fill a 40 ft high cube container.

OK, so they aren't boxed, but that's not just bikes, it's all the other quoted stuff as well. Wrapped instead of boxed, I think 200 new bikes double decked, with handlebars in line and front wheels off is possible.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Their BBS 01 is over £200 more than the competition with a less powerful battery.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Something not quite right somewhere.

The OP says the company is 'on his doorstep' and the thread title mentions Hertfordshire.

The company in the link is in Stoke, Staffordshire.

http://www.electric-bike-conversions.co.uk/acatalog/buying_from_electric_bike_conversions.html
I called on them last year or the year before, it's an industrial unit well tucked in amongst others. All locked up and nothing says 'Buy me'.

Doesn't say they don't have other units in operation and a phone call for an appointment would no doubt have someone appear.

They sell Juicy bikes, I would think that would be stopped if at it was at all iffy.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I called on them last year or the year before, it's an industrial unit well tucked in amongst others. All locked up and nothing says 'Buy me'.

Doesn't say they don't have other units in operation and a phone call for an appointment would no doubt have someone appear.

They sell Juicy bikes, I would think that would be stopped if at it was at all iffy.
Croxden,

All I meant was the company in the link is not the company referred to by the OP because it's in the wrong place.

They might have a branch in Hertfordshire which routinely sells 200 bikes to Poland, but it doesn't look like it.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Croxden,

All I meant was the company in the link is not the company referred to by the OP because it's in the wrong place.

They might have a branch in Hertfordshire which routinely sells 200 bikes to Poland, but it doesn't look like it.
I like things to add up too.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I expect the 200 bikes were nicked and what the OP happened across was the thieves handballing them into a lorry for swift - and unofficial - export to Poland.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I expect the 200 bikes were nicked and what the OP happened across was the thieves handballing them into a lorry for swift - and unofficial - export to Poland.
Just because the OP mentioned Poland, doesn't mean to say that they are thieves.
There are members of the forum that are Polish, does that mean that they are thieves too?

Luv Mateusz Joblonski

Reactions: OXYDrive

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Just because the OP mentioned Poland, doesn't mean to say that they are thieves.
There are members of the forum that are Polish, does that mean that they are thieves too?

Luv Mateusz Joblonski
Mat,

Did I or the OP say the people loading the lorry were Polish?

But while you are on, my kitchen tap is leaking, so could you pop round one day to fix it?

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Mat,

Did I or the OP say the people loading the lorry were Polish?

But while you are on, my kitchen tap is leaking, so could you pop round one day to fix it?
I'll be round in about 10 mins with my spanner.

BTW, I promise to behave from now on :D

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
How did we get onto international Roma gangster networks?

I also think this thread should have gone in the 'racism' section.

But yeah they are charging way over the odds for their BBS01 kits.

Reactions: Fordulike

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Wot if da canna speall as weal as beink furren?