Hi, This is all new to me but now a necessity brought on by age !!!!

Zebede

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 5, 2016
West Berkshire
Hi. I have been a casual cyclist for many years and an ardent motorcyclist for many more.
Now spending time touring in a small motorcaravan we need electric bikes to carry with us for touring, shopping and probably plenty of other things we have not thought of yet.
Plan is get a step through style for my wife and a folder for myself, may convert my existing Brompton for my use.
Any advice, guidance etc gratefully received. Current favourites for step through style are EBCO UCL-30, Wisper 905 SE / Torque or the Gazelle Orange C7 HF. Any experience of these ?

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Hi. I have been a casual cyclist for many years and an ardent motorcyclist for many more.
Now spending time touring in a small motorcaravan we need electric bikes to carry with us for touring, shopping and probably plenty of other things we have not thought of yet.
Plan is get a step through style for my wife and a folder for myself, may convert my existing Brompton for my use.
Any advice, guidance etc gratefully received. Current favourites for step through style are EBCO UCL-30, Wisper 905 SE / Torque or the Gazelle Orange C7 HF. Any experience of these ?
Hi there. Got this for sale. I have been using it and love riding it. May be worth considering for you

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/juicy-folder.22665/

regards gray

Angelnorth

Pedelecer
May 13, 2016
Hexham, Northumberland
Hello and welcome!

Current favourites for step through style are EBCO UCL-30, Wisper 905 SE / Torque or the Gazelle Orange C7 HF. Any experience of these ?
Yes, I just bought a Wisper 705 Torque (I assume that's what you meant - the 905 is the equivalent bike with a cross bar). From your list, I tested both the Torque and the SE. I've only had it a week but I'm very happy with it so far.

That said, I think the best advice is to try some. Reviews and opinions are great for getting you a shortlist but getting on a bike and riding it around a bit will tell you an awful lot that even the most detailed review won't. What suits one person won't necessarily feel "right" to someone else. Track down a dealer with a range of brands if you can and go try some out. I'm sure someone will be along with suggestions of where might be good in your neck of the woods.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Where is your neck of the woods Zeb?
We have some of your list at our shops in the Peak District.
I can recommend the Wisper Torque, but you need to ride any bike to verify if it's right for you.