Home Made Brake Cut Off

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Having a little time on my hands I've made a brake cut out using the rather nasty brake levers that came with my kit.
Heath Robinson would be very proud but it works and was easy to make using a hacksaw, a file, a short length of old gear cable, a small bolt, fine drill bits (diameter to suite gear cable and retaining bolt) and some shrink wrap to cover the end bits of gear cable.
DSCF2122.JPG
DSCF2128.JPG
It's on the front brake mainly because I didn't have room on the other side though the photo makes it look bigger than it is.
Please feel free to laugh or make derisory comments, at my age I don't care any more.:)

Dave.

Attachments

Reactions: Alan Quay

willywombat

Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2015
looks a nice bodge:)...tell me ..why have you left the brake cable outer housing on the cheapo ( switch) lever? are you running the wiring through it?
just interested really

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
looks a nice bodge:)...tell me ..why have you left the brake cable outer housing on the cheapo ( switch) lever? are you running the wiring through it?
just interested really
I removed the brake cable completely along with the housing around it, what you can see in the photo is the switch and wire in it's original position.
I think bodge is the description I was looking for.:)
Dave.

raymee

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 12, 2015
My local dealer has some zoom Hydraulic Levers and calipers that had cut out switches built in - really neat fully assembled and ready to fit £110 per pair which I did not think was too bad

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
:eek:o_O:confused: