How many women ride electric bikes.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
For our sales women account for approximately 30% of total sales including couples. DW

AlMel

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2013
Essonne, France
Have no statistics, but from what I see on the roads, female usage in France is far higher than 10 %. I’d say it’s pushing towards fifty. Or maybe it’s just that I notice them more…

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Have no statistics, but from what I see on the roads, female usage in France is far higher than 10 %. I’d say it’s pushing towards fifty. Or maybe it’s just that I notice them more…
Yep in europe its much high and in some countries (Netherlands) Women out number Men.

C

Cyclezee

I would say that for our sales, females account for around 20%, males 70% and couples (ie buying 2 bikes) 10%.

The step through / cross bar situation is again very approximate. Again, roughly 30% step through sales are men, 70% are female, on crossbar 90% are men, 10% are female.

Hatti
Having met you Hatti,

I'm surprised that you don't have a higher percentage of sales to men;)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Ooooh. You ARE awful...but I like you!

Hatti

Having met you Hatti,

I'm surprised that you don't have a higher percentage of sales to men;)

hopper_rider

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2012
I'm female. I used to ride when younger so I guess I cannot be classed as a new rider.

I think many who have not ridden a bike at all are a bit put off by the thought of needing a change of clothes. Or that the cycling clothes seem to be male orientated. I know that there are a few more items aimed at women these days. But more could be done. If you scan the web, there seems to be nice stuff available overseas but not too much in the UK. Not everyone wants lyrca or the sport type helmets.

AlMel

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2013
Essonne, France
hopper_rider: Here's a very nice outfit, stylish and practical:

hopper_rider

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2012
This sort of explains where I am coming from
Cycle Chic®

But google cycle chic and follow various links and you will see that cycling may appeal to many more women if they feel there are other options than going out dressed in lycra.

hopper_rider

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2012
But as ever, how good an outfit looks is more dependent on the person wearing it than the clothing itself!

Cyclepaths can never be catwalks, given the nature of cycling and the vagaries of weather.

ooh errr, I could scratch your eyes out :D

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Its not a normal day but 6 Kudos Duchess bikes went out today and 2 more are awaiting payment,all of these bikes are being bought by lady riders.
I found at the shows that ladies bought ebikes so as to ride at a similar pace to their partner (riding a non assist bike),often the lady is faster up the hills. I actually think that with the Kudos traditional range the male to female ratio is 50:50,but with the more techy bikes this is more male orientated.
KudosDave

Sara_H

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 13, 2013
I'm a laydeeee!

I've been riding most of my adult life, but have just become the proud owner of a Whoosh Sant Ana.