Hydraulic Disc brake conversion adaptor

charliehorse

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 17, 2014
Hi All
Been on here a while ago so back again.
At last I found a supply of batteries and can finish my project.
I have a Carrera Kraken and have a 1000w rear motor fitted.
The bike has nice hydraulic disc brake I would like to keep.
The motor has a thread on the LHS. looks like (35mm) obviously for fitting a disc brake adaptor.
I found one here that looks like what I need,
http://www.choppersus.com/store/product/308/Disc-Brake-Rotor-Converter/
I looked on the cycleeze and Halfords but can't see it or a complete disc that would fit.
Are these available this side of the pond?
I was thinking of cannibalizing an old freewheel to see if I could drill holes for the disc and use that the other side...
Also, do I need the brake power cut-off lever switches?
The thumb throttle I have has a return spring so looks like I could get away without them.

Sorry, this should be in technical I think..

Last edited:

charliehorse

Feb 17, 2014
Ok, Got two of these from the US. Tried my existing disc but holes are different, possibly imperial... I think mine are ISO. Does anyone know if there are non ISO discs available this side of the pond. Got two adaptors so I could stack them if the spacing was bigger than normal. (which it looks like it is).

charliehorse

Feb 17, 2014
From what I can gather from my inquiries, the 48mm ones that I got are not very standard and its practically impossible to get discs to suit. 44mm ISO are the normal and 48mm are used on some cheap Chinese scooters and bicycles. So please note the above if you are looking for disc adaptors. Can't even find discs with enough meat around the holes to drill new holes. Going to order some 44mm ones.

Stalkingcat

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2015
hehe count yourself lucky, i ordered 50 of these converters only to find there was a non ISO type, going to make some art work with them.

Last edited:

charliehorse

Feb 17, 2014
Got just two, candle stands maybe, The vendor in US did sell 48 sized discs for the adaptors. Would be an option for you. I am going to try and make an adaptor first. They call the 48 ones "Euro" spec., I dunno why..