I LOVE my secondhand Pro Connect!!!!!!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
In that case just the rear sprocket change first as you say, that will give you the greater speed without increasing the cadence. Full assist isn't really affecting the cadence issue, and with that higher gearing of a 16 tooth rear you won't need full assist as much anyway. That's because the power is greatest at lower cadences in the Panasonic setup and you'll be at lower cadence for any given speed afterwards.

Crooty78

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 21, 2012
Jaywick nr Clacton on Sea
Ok so ive fitted the 16t sprocket this evening and had a short test ride. Its as if ive lost 2 bottom gears and replaced them with 2 higher gears. So what was 8th is now my 6th gear. The extra speed should be fun, and I now have to use my gears rather than just do everything in 8th. I may end up changing again to an 18 or 19t as yet, will see how I get on.

Crooty78

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 21, 2012
Jaywick nr Clacton on Sea
Just a quick update on how im getting on with my bike. Ok so ive changed the tyres and innertubes to continental one. Cant remember the name of the tyre but its almost slick and rolls lovely on the road. Im learning how to get the most out of the motor on the small hill On my commute. Staying in a high gear definately works better than changing down and peddeling ten to the dozen. It was a seriously windy day today, and I was sailing past other cyclists like the were standing still. Not bad considering the extreme headwind. This bike is such a good investment, saving me around £30 a week on petrol. Not to mention the extra cardio im getting every day, a welcome bonus. The bike will soon pay for itself and I feel like im doing my bit leaving the car at home all week. Im sure ill be posting every now and then. Take care all.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Glad that you are getting on so well with it. You're correct about staying in higher gears for more power, these units gradually reduce power as the pedalling cadence rises, so keeping pedal rotation speed at or below 40 rpm gives maximum power. It sounds like your setup is ideal for that territory now.