Increasing the range on my Zephyr CDN

electrickery

Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2015
fife scotland
I guess what is really needed then is a small waterproof connector with a switch to change battery source .Do you know of such d8veh?

Reactions: Marwood Hill
D

Deleted member 4366

i wouldn't bother with a switch. I'd run the wires outside the frame after cutting them between the controller and the battery and extending them. I'd put a Deans female on the battery and a male on the controller side, so that I have the option of connecting the two together or connecting any other battery, wherever it is, whatever size it is.

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
i wouldn't bother with a switch. I'd run the wires outside the frame after cutting them between the controller and the battery and extending them. I'd put a Deans female on the battery and a male on the controller side, so that I have the option of connecting the two together or connecting any other battery, wherever it is, whatever size it is.
That sounds good to me. I am at this moment outside with bike upside down looking into the controller housing. A load of wires in there but the ones from the existing battery to the controller should be easy to identify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
Just found the two cables that run to the controller. Red and Black. Will they be the same colours on the new 15AH battery if i buy it? Easy, i just have to cut them and add connectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
All battery wires I have seen are red and black. I have soldered XT60 plugs on mine and swap between two batteries. I also soldered XT60s to my Watt meter so I can plug it in there as well when I need to.

I am going to use an idea I saw on ES for my custom battery box: two female plugs (Dean, XT60, whatever) sealed into the box. One goes to the battery and one to the controller so you don't need a switch, just a short wire between the two to disconnect the battery from the controller. This also allows you to plug in an external battery when you need one. And... theft protection, with the wire removed and in your pocket no one can jump on the bike (after breaking the frame lock and cutting the chain :p) turn it on and ride away.

Reactions: Marwood Hill