Indicators

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4366

Just what the doctor ordered. One of the best bike inventions I've seen:

http://www.cycl.bike/

Plenty of people selling them, do a search to find the cheapest. I think there's two versions: fixed or magnetic removable. My friend has the magnetic ones and told me that they were about £22. check them out.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
As I am mounting lights powered from the battery for this winter I thought I might mount indicators. The tiny LED ones found on motorbikes and scooters. Using the same cable run as the main lights. I would prefer them mounted on the mirror so that they fold out of the way but either side of the headlight and on the rack is fine too.

Then there is a brake light, the hidden wire brake sensor would be the ideal switch for that...

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
Just what the doctor ordered. One of the best bike inventions I've seen:

http://www.cycl.bike/

Plenty of people selling them, do a search to find the cheapest. I think there's two versions: fixed or magnetic removable. My friend has the magnetic ones and told me that they were about £22. check them out.
I agree. I pre-ordered mine and waited 7 months, when they then started production. Designed in UK, very high quality. A must have for the coming darker days and nights. Very bright, easily seen front and behind. Easy to fit and use. Batteries last for ages.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Great post D8veh, neat simple and easy solution.

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
This is how they looked on my Zephyr which had grip end caps that you just remove.
Quality, made of aluminium not plastic. Something to treasure as well as being a great bike part!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Sarabee

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Couldn't refuse getting these as useful gadgets fro the bike/s. I got an unused kickstarter magnetic set from a seller on Fleabay, the KS ones came with 4 h/bar inserts for use on 2 bikes.

Tushar

Just Joined
Apr 23, 2016
I found these on AliExpress. Seems to be a ripoff. Has good reviews though.
Very cheap as compared to the originals.

ROCKBROS Bicycle Handlebar Turn Signal Light Bike Turn Lamp Bike Waterproof Indicator Lights LED Flash Lamp Bicycle Accessories
http://s.aliexpress.com/byiIZfIf
(from AliExpress Android)

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
I found these on AliExpress. Seems to be a ripoff. Has good reviews though.
Very cheap as compared to the originals.

ROCKBROS Bicycle Handlebar Turn Signal Light Bike Turn Lamp Bike Waterproof Indicator Lights LED Flash Lamp Bicycle Accessories
http://s.aliexpress.com/byiIZfIf
(from AliExpress Android)
Look almost identical. Bad news for the two chaps from Cambridge that developed WingLights. Although, very similar lights were already available from China for just a couple of quid a pair. Problem was, they only came with a RED flashing light and i doubt they were made of aluminium.

falmouthtony

Esteemed Pedelecer
Like the idea of these .... but does nobody else have the same problem as me ... in as much as the most likely point on my bike for me to accidentally pick up minor damage .. is the ends of the bars. And I do try to look after my stuff.

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
They are good and strong. And, if you choose the magnetic type and knock something, they fall off. I've knocked mine onto the floor a few times with no damage.

Mister-E

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 19, 2016
Coventry
Has anyone used indicators that were not the WingLights mentioned above? particularly if you already have a mirror attached via the handlebar ends?
I've see this one on Amazon for about £20 -
which looks interesting, particularly the laser lines - but am slightly concerned that the red light overpowers the indicators....

Any thoughts/suggestions?

BigG

Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2016
Co Durham
Has anyone used indicators that were not the WingLights mentioned above? particularly if you already have a mirror attached via the handlebar ends?
I've see this one on Amazon for about £20 -
which looks interesting, particularly the laser lines - but am slightly concerned that the red light overpowers the indicators....

Any thoughts/suggestions?
I know it's some time since your post about "non-winglight" indicators and wonder if you or anyone has tried any of the others available?

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
This looks interesting and appeals to my gadgetry leanings.. not sure about lazer lights tho.. are they even legal? How would a badly positioned one affect following traffic?
Still.. will look at this in depth later

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
Not tried these buti have tried other wireless indicators. They soon went into the rubbish bin. It was hit and miss whether they turned on and off. Dangerous! And even if they did turn on, it's only on the rear, what about the front. Also they did not flash at the same rate as normal vehicle indicators so other motorists get confused as to what they are. WingLights by Cycl will take some beating. They are bright and flash at the same rate as motorcycles etc. They are clearly visible front and back in dull and dark conditions when you really need them. Use them along with your normal hand signals.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Absolutely gutted

For my winglights a week ago and last night I hit a pothole. Nothing crazy, standard uk medium sized job.

And ping, off went my left light, slithered across the road.

And down a gutter drain