Introducing myself, also bought a Kudos stealth...

Last Heart

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 11, 2017
Liverpool
Hello everyone

Just introducing myself to the forum, also after a bit of advice/personal experiences.

Just purchased a kudos stealth pedelec, got it on the cycle to work scheme.
I can't wait for it to come, I currently ride a norco threshold A2, unassisted.

But i'm really interested in the whole green energy thing, aswell as I think electric bikes are great.

Just wondering if anyone's had any first hand experience with the Kudos Stealth, if so, could you tell me what you thought, pros and cons etc...

Glad to be a part of the community ;DKudos-Stealth-Electric-Bike-Ebike-Commuting-Street-Shimano-_57.jpg

Last Heart

Jan 11, 2017
Liverpool
Ah thanks man!

It doesn't look like many people have.
I'll be sure to post an in-depth review when it arrives and i've given it a good test!

Tom

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Hello LH :)

I've a similar level of experience to Andrew on the Kudos front, but I'll be interested to hear about it.

Gaz

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Welcome,

We are looking forward to a full review.
A comparison of speed on flat and hills with your old bike would be helpful in it.

Last Heart

Jan 11, 2017
Liverpool
Ah thanks Dave, I'll try my best to do that. I know the highest speed i've clocked on a slight incline on my norco was 46kmph which was crazy.

I dont know how the max speed is going to compare in regards to the ebike, but my cyclo computer is broken so i'll try my best!

Lee Bob

Just Joined
Mar 7, 2017
Harrow, London
Would love to hear your review when you have time. I am a newbie on the site too and have been searching for a suitable e-bike for the last few months.This bike has certainly caught my eye. I am looking for a _simple_ bike but that has decent build quality and isn't just "cheap", although price is always a factor. The hardest thing I have found is being able to test ride any bike as I want to be sure it is right before I splash out a considerable sum of money.

I was originally considering a single speed, and tried the BH EasyGo Race. It was actually a pretty cool ride but quite pricey for what it is I thought. And not sure the tyres will enjoy the London roads I would be on. I also second many of the comments about the Gtech bike. While it looks great, I was put off by some rather simplistic questions to the supplier about changing the gearing ratio on the belt to improve RPM numbers at higher speed.

All the more expensive bikes seem to be so weighed down and heavy, having gadgets that aren't needed. I personally have yet to ride a bike that feels nice to ride, is lightweight (enough), but is strudy enough for riding in central London. Don't know what other peoples experiences are and whether I am living in a dream world!?

In an ideal world, I think I would get a conversion kit for my current weekender which is a Trek racer, but none of the kits seems good enough yet. They may never been given the limitations conversion kits present, given they need to work around a bike already in place - and often be flexible enough to fit ANY bike.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: D8ve

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I am looking for a _simple_ bike but that has decent build quality and isn't just "cheap", although price is always a factor.
Hi Lee Bob,
Just in case you want a similarly lightweight bike but with a larger battery, may I suggest our Woosh Karoo which can be supplied with either 13AH battery or 15AH battery. It's well suited for London.

Blazs

May 16, 2017
Edinburgh
Hello everyone

Just introducing myself to the forum, also after a bit of advice/personal experiences.

Just purchased a kudos stealth pedelec, got it on the cycle to work scheme.
I can't wait for it to come, I currently ride a norco threshold A2, unassisted.

But i'm really interested in the whole green energy thing, aswell as I think electric bikes are great.

Just wondering if anyone's had any first hand experience with the Kudos Stealth, if so, could you tell me what you thought, pros and cons etc...

Glad to be a part of the community ;DView attachment 17269
Hi there,
I am thinking of buying a kudos stealth and was wondering if you are happy with your purchase?
Thanks a lot,
Balazs

D

Deleted member 4366

Hi there,
I am thinking of buying a kudos stealth and was wondering if you are happy with your purchase?
Thanks a lot,
Balazs
Send him/her a personal message, for which he/she'll get an email notification. That means that you might get a reply. Post the result here. If you do get one, please post a review. It looks a fine bike to me. All the parts are well-known, so you shouldn't get any problems.

Lee Bob

Just Joined
Mar 7, 2017
Harrow, London
So to add to my post above, hopefully someone finds it useful. For me the real key for my purchase was being able to trial a similar bike from a retailer nearby to my home or office before purchase. So that it was a known entity, ticked the boxes I needed and if/when I got problems I didn't have a complex job of returning the bike.
I found London a surprisingly barren area for Kudos bikes. It does seem like the electric bike market is quite niche and has a number of small players who have smallish stocks of specific bikes which made it hard for me to compare, having to travel longish distances over a number of weekends to see different bike suppliers.
Also during trials, I found some bikes had way too much lag between applying pedal power and the motor kicking in. The good news for Kudos, although I didnt get to trial the Stealth, is that I trialled one of their e-MB, I think the Typhoon. And frankly, while it was not the type of bike I wanted, I was actually quite close to buying it, as it was actually a pretty good bike and I realised I had to compromise somewhere.
In the end it came a close second to the BH eMotion EasyGo Cross from Fully Charged. The shop, while a bit of a distance from me is at least in London and actually had the largest range I had seen in any electric bike shop, making trialing much simpler. They were also very happy for me to take bikes out to trial there and then, unlike when I went to Halfords, where the service was atrocious and the staff completely uninterested. So while I hadn't ridden this specific "Cross" bike, I had ridden the "Race" single speed and loved that too, but realised I needed gears for the hills I would be climbing!

In terms of reviews for my e-Bike. I have now done about 800kms on it in the last few months and have certainly found it a great bike, but also some things I would want to change now. For sure, I would look at getting a bike that has disk brakes. The v-brakes have already had to be changed and the second pair are already getting quite worn! I travel through a fairly hilly area (not the alps like, but enough for me - North Harrow through to Sudbury) and find the braking puts a lot of stress on the bike. Although if you are able to change them yourself its only a cost of £6 per set.
I would also like better gearing ratios on my bike. The current 21 set of gears at such low ratio (in my view) is wasted. I don't really ever use the 2 lower sets on the central crank. The motor is so powerful even on steep hills that it can get you to 8-10mph without much effort on my part even in top gear. And very easily in the lowest gear on the largest central ring!
And finally the perennial problem of the battery! While I love the fact that the battery is tiny and unobtrustive and actually really easy to remove and charge. I expected it to be able to last longer than it does. So while it doesn't cause me any massive issue, I do have to cart my battery around with me everywhere. I do 12 miles each way and if I use full assist (not as fit as I used to be and by the end of the week I need it), the battery can be drained down to 30% remaining on one trip, even when I spend a fair amount of time over 15 mph when the battery cuts out... although I will say this about the battery, it seems to be much smoother on cut out that some of the other bikes I trialled which were often jerky and not a comfortable transition. And it happens a lot in London with the stop-start traffic!
Just to add for those interested in terms of hill pull ability, which is something I worried about before purchase. I find Harrow on the Hill the hardest part of my journey. And it is true that on the steepest part of the hill, especially going south, the motor does start to struggle and requires more effort from myself. It seems according to doogal.co.uk the maximum gradient ascending:10% at 0.4 km (about halfway up the hill) using this data:
Location Latitude Longitude
Location 1 51.56937 -0.346874
Location 2 51.567841 -0.33955

Hope this helps! And apologies for my lack of brevity...

D

Deleted member 4366

Count the teeth on your top gear. It's probably 13T, in which case you can change the whole cluster to a DNP one that has 11T top gear. That will give you more relaxed pedalling at high speed without changing the low speed gearing. Cost about £20. They had them on Aliexpress.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I think the Stealth has 700C x 28C tyres - 72 RPM to pedal at 20mph on 45T/13T.
My Rio has 26" x 1.95" tyres - 45T at the front, 11T-32T at the rear, 64 RPM to pedal at 20mph on 45T/11T.
I have some spare semi-hidden batteries, 13AH now and 17.5AH from August in case anyone has to upgrade the battery because of the range.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
So what can the FB Bafang G06 produce back wheel rpms wise?
205 RPM.
The Rio FB has 3" wheels (ETRTO 75-559), equivalent to 27.5 x 2.25
It is a bit of a beast, max torque: 75-80NM, it'll climb more or less anything.

edit:

Not 205 RPM, 290 RPM is the correct info.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

So what can the FB Bafang G06 produce back wheel rpms wise? Trying to figure out the electric speed on 27.5s.
There are loads of different versions with different speeds. If you want to know the speed of yours, derestrict it, lift the wheel off the ground and spin it up to maximum, then you can tell us what it is.