Intuvia without reset button

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Check out the Panasonic hub drive they are a great peace of kit. Found mainly on KTM bikes. They come with a larger battery on all but one 2015 models (about 600wh). The motor is powerful as well. If you are in a hilly area you will need a more powerful hub drive like the Panasonic. However there are cheaper alternatives such as some of the Kudos bikes.

Martin,
I have asked my dealer about software updates and they can't help me - should have bought the bike from you as they seem to have too little business to provide the service - but, any suggestions about how to get hold of an update?
where abouts in the country are you? There a loads of bike shops with the Bosch equipment needed for this job. Its not a question of volume of business, the equipment costs less than £50.00 and they'll have more than made that on just one sale. Its just they won't have been on the training course you need to go on before you can buy it. But if they haven't just let us know where you are in the UK, and I'm sure we or someone else can recommend another Bosch dealer who can plug your bike in for you.

Doesn't the Electric Cycle Centre in Penrith have the diagnostics kit yet? Or perhaps BikeSeven in Carlisle, or you might actually be nearer North Yorkshire eBikes in Knaresborough. All of these guys are current, or have placed their orders for 2015 KTM eBIkes, and if they've not done it yet, they will have the diagnostics Bosch stuff shortly.

BAH48

Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2012
Appleby Cumbria
Thanks for the suggestions, I would have bought 2 KTM bikes from Penrith last year, but they couldn't get the right sizes, so I had to buy a couple of cube bikes. I'll go into BikeSeven as I'm working in Carlisle at the moment.

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Martin,
I have asked my dealer about software updates and they can't help me - should have bought the bike from you as they seem to have too little business to provide the service - but, any suggestions about how to get hold of an update?
Would have had a diag kit to you next day and updated from your living room, should you have purchased a bike from us ;)

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Doesn't the Electric Cycle Centre in Penrith have the diagnostics kit yet? Or perhaps BikeSeven in Carlisle, or you might actually be nearer North Yorkshire eBikes in Knaresborough. All of these guys are current, or have placed their orders for 2015 KTM eBIkes, and if they've not done it yet, they will have the diagnostics Bosch stuff shortly.
If it's worth anything... North Yorkshire bikes at Knaresborough tell me they have the bosch diagnostics kit. I was going to go and get my mine updated but it's too far to ride and in my case probably not worth the bother.

Slightly confused by these seemingly conflicting statements... but I might be misreading things.

It would be havoc if the public could access the motor via diagnostics. You can quite easily mess everything up.

Anyway I know I keep coming back to the point... BUt if you buy from a dealer you don't need to get involved in all of this, the dealer does it for you :)

They are also adequately trained to use the diagnostics.

Martin
and now you've said:

Would have had a diag kit to you next day and updated from your living room, should you have purchased a bike from us ;)
So are you saying you'll send out the Bosch diagnostics kits to people for them to do the work in their own home?

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Yes Col, part of the service that we give. 99.9%of the time we can resolve any problem over the phone or by e-mail but in those rare 0.1% that we cannot & it is difficult for our customer to bring the bike in to us we go that extra mile & arrange for a diagnostics kit to be delivered to our customers.

We then arrange a time when we can face time them & go through the procedure.

So yes our customers can do it in their living room but working under our direct guidance & also tapping into our training & experience.

Regards
Martin

Phil Gurr

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 10, 2014
Is there any fix for this yet Martin?
As I predicted, I've done 300 miles since it happened last, not done it again and freezing now so I don't think that's the problem.

Phil Gurr

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 10, 2014
Thanks Martin, still can't find the post though!
However I'll try to contact my local dealer to see if he can do the update for me. As you know, I bought mine from a dealer some 250 miles from me.

Rush

Just Joined
Jan 11, 2012
Got a bit different problem here that is getting worse with time. The glitch was always appearing when you roll without pedalling for some time and then when you continue to pedal the power is just gone. Display shows no errors, there is just no juice (power bars). It was easy to fix by simply shutting it down and up while riding and the power was back on.
Though it got worse with time. Even 5-8 such resets were not helping, power was just not there.
Today it got even worse, after some attempts of such resets the power when back on and was just randomly turning off and on, which really pissed me off when working on some hard climb.
Anybody has such issues with Bosch?
I'm sending bike back to Haibike anyway to fix numerous issues with it just not sure how to explain them the issues I have with power. Such glitch can happen once in 30-40km and I doubt they gonna try very hard to reproduce the problem and will just send the bike back with same issues.
Did you find a solution to your problem? I tried to commute to work this morning and my Haibike died on a dark country lane, not fun!

mrk

Just Joined
May 24, 2015
My Haibike failed this morning with this problem ("Shutting Down" hang) , just as I was loading the bike up for an important ride.

The dealer recommended plugging the head unit into a usb charger for an hour to fix it. It didn't. I had to open up the unit, unsolder a battery wire, resolder it (hard reboot) and it worked. Opening the unit is probably a warranty voider: 2 of the screws are epoxied- I had to pick out as much as I could with a dental tool and still couldn't remove one of the screws. I finally had to drill it out carefully using 2 different drill bits.

Once it was working, it had defaulted to km, but all the other setting were ok.

I may install a switch or pack a butane soldering iron in my bike kit...?

Paul