Is there a gearing comparison table for hub Vs mid-drive?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I remember as a kid in the 70's trying to ride, then end up walking up Titsey going to Biggin aerodrome, mega fun coming down though. In those days I don't think the brakes would ever of stopped us and just hoped nothing was coming out of the turning on the lhs at the bottom.

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I remember as a kid in the 70's trying to ride, then end up walking up Titsey going to Biggin aerodrome, mega fun coming down though. In those days I don't think the brakes would ever of stopped us and just hoped nothing was coming out of the turning on the lhs at the bottom.
Ah yes, Clarke Lane, actually an access only road for safety reasons, but I have ridden up it. It's far more wicked than Titsey Hill since it cuts directly across the contours at right angles, but those two and Hesiers Hill are the most scary in the North Downs.

In the 2000s there was one chap who commuted into the city from Surrey, riding up Titsey Hill every weekday on his low two wheeler recumbent. It half killed me on my assisted bike keeping up with him up Titsey Hill!

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
I worked out the above street is 14.56% :p

The toughest one near me is "Apple Street" on Werneth Low, although it's very short, it's just ridiculous.

The toughest one was Winnats Pass...

All stills from my videos :cool:
Nice the peak district and your pics make it look like nobody ever visits. Peaceful and serene

Last edited:
Reactions: Manc44