Is this the begining of the rise of the Machines?

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Maybe not, I can easily envisage passengers snarling at what their driverless car is doing or the route it's taking.

People frequently yell at TVs and I've on occasion told a supermarket self checkout to shut up when it's made an irritatingly unnecessary interjection.
Does that also include McDonald's self checkout?

MS.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Luckily, I dont have to work and if I choose my time wisely the roads around the dales can be relativily quite so we can still go for a drive without all the hassle that comes with a congested transport system, and my life expectancy is such that it will most likely not change much for me.
But,
The real point of the video is at the end if you watched that far, where Sophie has been giver Robot Citizenship which I find interesting and highly amusing, but have to wonder, if Flecc excersided his hammer remedy would he be locked up for murder?:eek:
Only if it was pre-robotic murder :oops:

MS.

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
"Unexpected human in the bagging area, terminate"

So everyone can afford these self-powered, self-repairing nanobots ?

Mmm. Sounds like 'The Emperor's New Clothes' again.:rolleyes:
Mikel

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Does that also include McDonald's self checkout?
Since I'm never going to be seen in a McDonalds these days I didn't know they had such things. Hopefully their imitation of food will be better than the staff's version.

Many years ago when working with errant kids on a Home Office/Police befriending scheme, the kids brainwashed attachment to McDonalds meant me being persuaded to sample their wares. That was more than enough for life.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Since I'm never going to be seen in a McDonalds these days I didn't know they had such things. Hopefully their imitation of food will be better than the staff's version.

Many years ago when working with errant kids on a Home Office/Police befriending scheme, the kids brainwashed attachment to McDonalds meant me being persuaded to sample their wares. That was more than enough for life.
You should have many years ago because you do not want to sample their wares at this present time.

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
Sony selling "re-released Aibo off the leash" in Japan. But its 'AI' comes from leased internet link to Sony's servers. So it is on a web leash, like all this Internet Of Things stuff. And it will eavesdr.., sorry, 'listen' to owners conversation, to 'collect data'. Oh dear :-(
Mikel

• Informative
D

Deleted member 4366

Sony selling "re-released Aibo off the leash" in Japan. But its 'AI' comes from leased internet link to Sony's servers. So it is on a web leash, like all this Internet Of Things stuff. And it will eavesdr.., sorry, 'listen' to owners conversation, to 'collect data'. Oh dear :-(
Mikel
Could be a good Xmas present to send to your local terrorist or paedo.

If it hasn't been or isn't already done, it wouldn't take much to add that feature to a mobile phone. Have you ever wondered why your battery was going down a lot quicker than you thought it should?

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Could be a good Xmas present to send to your local terrorist or paedo.

If it hasn't been or isn't already done, it wouldn't take much to add that feature to a mobile phone. Have you ever wondered why your battery was going down a lot quicker than you thought it should?
I think this could be true of all connected internet of things kit. We are just so many sheep blindly fumbling through life with no idea of what is going on in a cyber world that is more invasive than we can imagine.. And I can imagine plenty..

D

Deleted member 4366

I think this could be true of all connected internet of things kit. We are just so many sheep blindly fumbling through life with no idea of what is going on in a cyber world that is more invasive than we can imagine.. And I can imagine plenty..
That's true, but it doesn't really bother me because I have nothing to hide.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
That's true, but it doesn't really bother me because I have nothing to hide.
It's not that tho is it. If half I read is true then you can be used without your consent or knowledge. Bitcoin mining for example. I tend to think the same as you .. I can't even be trolled cos I don't care what people say about me.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
It's not that tho is it. If half I read is true then you can be used without your consent or knowledge. Bitcoin mining for example. I tend to think the same as you .. I can't even be trolled cos I don't care what people say about me.
alexa launch air wolf ;)

note wifi rgb disabled !

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Does anyone have or know someone who has one of these Alex's things?
no idea but that led controller i have works with it tho and you set it up to run through the wifi router so you can use alexa voice command.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-RGB-RGBW-Wifi-Controller-5050-3528-Strip-Light-for-iOS-iPhone-Android-APP/172968784560?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20160727114228&meid=cf3d1985452d4f4c83db0201bf5742e3&pid=100290&rk=4&rkt=4&sd=131952785731&_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I honestly dont understand the why!! .. I have 2 smart bulbs upstairs connected to my Hive heating and I use them to randomly switch on and off when we are away which is useful. They can be set to automatically turn on when I walk into a room like a windowless closet perhaps.. Could be useful! They can also be turned on and off remotely with a phone or an alexa type device, but to do this they have to be permanently turned on at the wall switch and if you manually switch off when leaving a room then it wont work remotely any more, so what is the use here?
Absolutely of no use whatsoever!
Can Alexa turn the tv on and off, or change channels? Could it find my keys for me? Dont think so but could be wrong!
I admit to being a gadget geek, but even I cant see a use for Alexa..

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it can turn on a tv via a power socket same as a light or anything else but as for changing channel ect it is not quit there yet tho in the future everything will be smart enabled with wifi built in to even the kettle.

i have a app on my phone to change the tv settings Samsung smart view but as i use it as a pc monitor dont even use that.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
it can turn on a tv via a power socket same as a light or anything else but as for changing channel ect it is not quit there yet tho in the future everything will be smart enabled with wifi built in to even the kettle.

i have a app on my phone to change the tv settings Samsung smart view but as i use it as a pc monitor dont even use that.

So, to have a connected home we need to get the house clearance people in and start again from scratch? Yea, good luck with that Alexa.

Advertisers