Its Finished - It even works !

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
So is there a supplier where I could readily find a replacement KT36ZWSRD controller ?

I see plenty of KTs out there with the JST-SM connectors, but not so many with the Julet/HiGo/Mutual style.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I can't see any good info on your KT36ZWSRD controller, but assuming you have a 9 pin motor connector, this duel voltage one will suit.
Same company which alot here have used, not sure which site works out cheaper. They will both prob. add 20% VAT onto the final price.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
So is there a supplier where I could readily find a replacement KT36ZWSRD controller ?

I see plenty of KTs out there with the JST-SM connectors, but not so many with the Julet/HiGo/Mutual style.
Please stop calling these connectors mutual style otherwise you will cause issues for other diyers. Julet and Higo are compatible fit wise but that is it, the wire sequence is different between the brands so not compatible in simply swapping out components.
One has to make sure if using Higo then only use Higo ends, if they are Julet then only use Julet ends.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Why ?

It seems reasonable to call them what they are labeled as.

Mutual connectors
Because they aren't and we will be left to pick up the pieces when you have buggered off the scene having posted misinformation.
You can't mix different brand connectors and expect them to work.

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
Because they aren't and we will be left to pick up the pieces when you have buggered off the scene having posted misinformation.
They aren't what ?

They are connectors labeled as Mutual, so one would assume they are connectors from Mutual Electronic Technologies. It therefore seems very reasonable to call them Mutual connectors.

At no point have I claimed the wiring of these Mutual connectors is the same as Julet\HiGo, but as far as the 3 pins (PAS\Brake) and 5 pins (display) are concerned they do physically interconnect.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I'm confused now o_OAre you saying the connectors on your brake, PAS and LCD are Julet? If so, then there is no problem with the Mutual pinouts on your controller.

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
I'm confused now
I am not.

The kit came Mutual connectors.

The left side PAS needed to be replaced with a right side PAS which I purchased and it had a Julet connector on it. The pinout was different, so I made a swapover cable with Julet connectors and that plugged into the Mutual connector on the controller.

The 3 pin Mutual connectors on the 1to4 cable will work with Julet plugged brake sensors without problems.

The LCD3 came with a 5 pin Mutual female, whilst the LCD3 I want to use in future has a 5 pin Julet male. I have discovered there are different pinouts for the female and male plug varients, so I will need to make a male-female adapter but I have yet to test it.

I made up Julet plugged tap leads, they are to common ones you find on Aliexpress, male one end female the other, for 5 pin and 3 pin so that I can take the pins out to a breadboard for testing. These Julet connectors physically plug into the Mutual connectors on the bike.