Kit

Funkster

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 9, 2019
Hi, would someone be able to help? I have just bought kit XF08C rear wheel motor from woosh.
I have a throttle and also it comes with pedal sensor that attaches to the chain ring. Will this run without the pedal sensor? Will it run without the throttle?
How did other people get on with attaching to the chainring as am finding it difficult. Thanks

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
It might run without the sensor but with the throttle, but not strictly legally.

Ours (XF07, but same sensor) needed removing a crank to fit and pushing very firmly, but quite easy. However, I believe they've changed the sensor design since we fitted ours, but I thought that was to make it easier to fix.

Give them a ring or send an email, they are usually very quick to answer.

Funkster

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 9, 2019
they also told me cassette fitting would be ok, its 10 speed. when its on it rubs against the frame?

Reactions: Bikes4two

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi, would someone be able to help? I have just bought kit XF08C rear wheel motor from woosh.
I have a throttle and also it comes with pedal sensor that attaches to the chain ring. Will this run without the pedal sensor? Will it run without the throttle?
How did other people get on with attaching to the chainring as am finding it difficult. Thanks
you don't have to connect both pedal sensor and throttle. It will run with either.
In case you have not yet downloaded the kit installation manual, it's here:
To attach thee magnet disc to the chainring, you can use the sticky fixers that come with the kit, you don't have to remove the chainring for this, just position the two segments on the ring, when it centered, stick it down with the sticky pads.
how to fit the sensor head, that depends on which sensor you have, it's on pages 4-5 of the manual.

they also told me cassette fitting would be ok, its 10 speed. when its on it rubs against the frame?
send some close up pictures to support@wooshbikes.co.uk, Andy will help you sort it.