KT-LCD3 Info 3 Error

Forge Custom

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
Dorset
Hi

Hadn't used my bike for a while (Q128c with 48v battery and PSWPower Controller) so took it for a quick spin earlier. All was fine - only went 200m up the road and back - stopped to talk to a friend and as soon as I set off again, I got an Info 3 error and no power.

Any ideas please? Am reading a Hall sensor error but no idea what that is. Have I fried anything? Loose cable?

V grateful for any advice.

Many thanks

Matt

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
03 is motor hall sensor failure, though might be a damage supply wire to the hub.
If you have a meter you can check for hall sensor failures and also for hall wire continuity on the motor cable from controller to motor connection.

First of all.
Double check the hall sensor connector block from the controller, disconnect and check both parts for a pin that may have backed out or a broke hall wire. Give each hall wire a little pull to make sure a wire isn't broken in both parts of the connector.

For help checking halls just ask when you are ready, might need another pair of hands and the check relies on voltage readings to confirm failure or not but first do the wire/connector checks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forge Custom

Forge Custom

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
Dorset
03 is motor hall sensor failure, though might be a damage supply wire to the hub.
If you have a meter you can check for hall sensor failures and also for hall wire continuity on the motor cable from controller to motor connection.

Double check the hall sensor connector block from the controller, disconnect and check both parts for a pin that may have backed out or a broke hall wire.

For help checking halls just ask when you are ready, might need another pair of hands and the check relies on voltage readings to confirm failure or not but first do the wire/connector checks.
OK - thanks. Will have a poke about in the morning.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If hall block looks good and no wire looks to be broken leave disconnected and unplug the motor wire connector from the motor. Test each wire with a meter that has the buzz feature to confirm wire continuity, the hall block is easy to start with for the six colours and the other end you will have to probe all the small pin outs to get a beep for continuity. If all is well with cable /lead you will get six good beeps.
Last resort is a motor hall check again by testing the wires for voltage reading and seeing if the sensors switch or not.

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
A lot of the time, it's a connector that came apart. Q128's come with a short cable with a molded 9 male pin plug. Make sure it's securely inserted into the matching round cable that goes to the controller. Sometimes they're so tight that you think there's contact, but it's tenuous.

Then that cable has the three bullets and the rectangular 9 pin connector that you must connect to the controller. Check all the bullets and make sure all of the wires on both sides of the white connector are inside the connector. Sometimes, the flat pins on this connector did not click in and hold.

I've cut up the second cable a few times to shorten and dress up wiring on a bike. I don't think I'll ever see a wire fray inside the cable. It's pretty stiff.

Forge Custom

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
Dorset
All sorted thanks. Loose red wire in the square white (hall sensor?) plug. Popped it back in with a reassuring click and all is well. No idea how it came out though. Maybe it was never in properly.