KT LCD5 controller issue with throttle and PAS

CycleEye

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 31, 2021
Thanks all.

I've tried cleaning the connections with a bit of vinegar and with wd40. It's still not working. I've also bought a new throttle and that doesn't work either.

Totally stumped at this point.

It was fully working, then completely stopped. I would think a connection issue would be more likely to cause intermittent function?

Any ideas? Maybe it has done something in the controller?

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Trust me after decades of IT fault finding ITS ALWAYS THE CABLE especially when you dont rule it out #1,
is this an additional cable that plugs in between the controller and the headsets and throttle? since corrosion got in and the wires are very thin, AND a replacement also fails.. smells like connecting cable to me ..

Sturmey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2018
Ireland
The pins are oxidized. The green stuff looks like copper oxide (Verdigris) that has migrated from the pins. The shiny (gold?) plating is destroyed. The female side in the control cable is also probably oxidized/damaged. If it was my bike, I would just cut out the connectors and connect the throttle directly to the 4 in 1 cable with twisted nib joint. If it works, I would solder and tape/heatshrink it up. Its only 3 wires. Alternatively, you would probably need to replace the 4 in 1 control cable as well as the throttle.

Last edited: