Kudos 2013 Performance Ebike Details

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Very nice looking bike, Dave; might try one at some point. I'm not in the market, having just bought the Ave, but it might be interesting to see how they compare with other (much more expensive) crank drive MTBs.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
I really hope you're able to bring the crank-drive bikes to the Eden ebike day:
Hill-climbing & range are the killers down here (IMHO) so I, for one, will be very interested to compare them with the hub-drives.
I may even have some folding to spend :rolleyes: If suitably impressed.

muckymits

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2011
Dear Santa

If I promise to be really really good this year........................

David aged 55 and 3 quarters

D

Deleted member 4366

Dear Santa

If I promise to be really really good this year........................
David aged 55 and 3 quarters
Too late. The year's nearly over, and you know you haven't been a good boy.
Maybe next year if you try a lot harder.
Can you just remind me what size socks you take?

Santa

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I really hope you're able to bring the crank-drive bikes to the Eden ebike day:
Hill-climbing & range are the killers down here (IMHO) so I, for one, will be very interested to compare them with the hub-drives.
I may even have some folding to spend :rolleyes: If suitably impressed.
Hi,yes we will be bringing the Ibex bike to the Eden project day. But,as yet,I am not certain what the style and extent of the test track at that venue will be. The differences between the Ibex,Tornado and Arriba models are not really evident unless you tackle a steep hill.
Dave
Kudoscycles

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
Hi,yes we will be bringing the Ibex bike to the Eden project day. But,as yet,I am not certain what the style and extent of the test track at that venue will be. The differences between the Ibex,Tornado and Arriba models are not really evident unless you tackle a steep hill.
Dave
Kudoscycles
Not wanting to pre-empt .... but which is the best of the models at climbing Dave

Alan

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Dave
Kudoscycles
The Eden Project is down a big 'ole-in-the-ground, so there shouldn't be a problem with getting a robust hill-climb section, other than them having to restrict public (pedestrian) access to that section.

I have an Eden Locals' Pass & ride the Clay Trails around the area quite a bit, so I've offered to help with the event in any way needed ( Eden have a Volunteer Scheme, but one has to make a considerable commitment to be considered suitable - Unbelievable, but perfectly true).

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Dave since you started selling those £200ish LifePo4 batteries what is the failure rate in say 1 and 2 years ?

Regards

Jerry

oigoi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2011
Dave
Kudoscycles

Really like the look of that crank drive. It is a really neat design combined with the bottle battery. IMO one of the best designs of crank drives in terms of the packaging of the components.

I would be very interested to hear when you are coming down to the eden project as it is not far from me

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Really like the look of that crank drive. It is a really neat design combined with the bottle battery. IMO one of the best designs of crank drives in terms of the packaging of the components.
Agreed, from the pic the Kudos crank drive looks neater than the Bosch one.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps

I would be very interested to hear when you are coming down to the eden project as it is not far from me
April 20th - Eden having an ebike day.

Where you oigoi?

I'm in Roche

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Not wanting to pre-empt .... but which is the best of the models at climbing Dave

Alan
Alan,thats a really difficult question to answer because they all have their own performance. If you want to ride up hills slowly with minimal effort in low gear the Ibex is effortless,the cadence is relatively high,progress is slow but steady,it would suit a rider with little leg power in a hilly terrain.
The Arriba with its Thun torque sensor is very nice to ride,it rewards what you put in and faithfully replicates the riding style of a sports rider,after a while you can imagine that your legs are just so much more powerful than they were,it would suit a rider who has good leg power but needs some help up hills,it is a delight to ride on flat and gentle hills,it will climb steep hills but you have to input some leg power to get the torque sensor to work.
The Tornado is fast,the power comes in low down in the speed range and is very powerful up hills with the TOP system this enhances the low speed climbing ability-one of my employees was pulling a wheelie on a 1 in 8 hill on this bike,we have nicknamed it the 'bad boys bike'
Hope that is an honest assesment,we have decided to proceed with manufacture of all 3 bikes because the ideal is so personal and depends upon your own fitness,terrain and riding style.
Dave
Kudoscycles

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
The Eden Project is down a big 'ole-in-the-ground, so there shouldn't be a problem with getting a robust hill-climb section, other than them having to restrict public (pedestrian) access to that section.

I have an Eden Locals' Pass & ride the Clay Trails around the area quite a bit, so I've offered to help with the event in any way needed ( Eden have a Volunteer Scheme, but one has to make a considerable commitment to be considered suitable - Unbelievable, but perfectly true).
Jack,I would so value some help at the Eden project show,the starting weekend (April 20) is same weekend as our roadshow at Rutland Water so my wife and I will be doing the show as a couple without the Kudos guys.same for anyone else who is enthusiastic about e-bikes and wants to get involved.
Dave
Kudoscycles

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Dave since you started selling those £200ish LifePo4 batteries what is the failure rate in say 1 and 2 years ?

Regards

Jerry
Jerry...LifePo4 batteries. It seems that if a battery fails it happens early in the life,maybe within 2 weeks...this is usually due to a cell failure or failure of the BMS,this happens about 1 in 50 units.
We have customers who's batteries are now over 2 years old and still going strong,they could last 5 years,we just don't know yet.
Over the last 2 weeks,with the cold weather,some customers have reported a reduced range-we recommend taking the battery into the warm and only refitting to the bike when off to ride,it seems to hold the warm ambient temperature,
Dave
Kudoscycles

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Jack,I would so value some help at the Eden project show,the starting weekend (April 20) is same weekend as our roadshow at Rutland Water so my wife and I will be doing the show as a couple without the Kudos guys.same for anyone else who is enthusiastic about e-bikes and wants to get involved.
Dave
Kudoscycles
No problem Dave - I'll be there anyway, as it's the only time I'll be able to get my backside on any other than my own bikes: There's no dealer this side of Exeter with demonstrators & Bristol for a decent choice.

David (wisper) has voiced interest in maybe expanding the weekend into a bit of an event; perhaps with a ride-out or two on local trails.

If yourself or David want someone on-the-spot to look-see what Eden are planning trackwise, let me know: I never need much excuse to ride over there for a gert big scone with jam & proper cream :p

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Tha's Miles away.... but probably the closest you'll get to a decent range of bikes to try :)

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
No problem Dave - I'll be there anyway, as it's the only time I'll be able to get my backside on any other than my own bikes: There's no dealer this side of Exeter with demonstrators & Bristol for a decent choice.

David (wisper) has voiced interest in maybe expanding the weekend into a bit of an event; perhaps with a ride-out or two on local trails.

If yourself or David want someone on-the-spot to look-see what Eden are planning trackwise, let me know: I never need much excuse to ride over there for a gert big scone with jam & proper cream :p
Thanks,
Dave
Kudoscycles

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
What's with the boy?

Are you attempting to appeal towards the younger market? He does make the bike look more monsterous though.

Mountainsport.