Kudos 2013 Performance Ebike Details

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
He's not chinese,he just happened to be interested in the bikes when walking along with his mum on Whitstable seafront,you can see the wind turbines in the background.
Happy Christmas everyone,back at work Jan 2.
Look forward to seeing any Pedelec members at our exhibitions and roadshows thoughout 2013,please come up and say hello....I look like Brad Pitt with white hair,hehe!!!!!
Dave
Kudoscycles

D

Deleted member 4366

Hi,the motors used on these new bikes are as follows-
Arriba....BPM/CST Suzhou Bafang
Tornado....BPM Suzhou Bafang
Cobra....SWXH Suzhou Bafang
Ibex......Tianjin Crank Drive
All 250 watt.
Dave
KudosCycles
I'm looking at the photos at the beginning, and the motor on the Tornado is clearly a Bafang CST not a BPM. You can see the screws that hold on the RH side-plate that the BPM2 doesn't have. Is that just a mock-up or does the Tornado actually have a CST motor?

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I'm looking at the photos at the beginning, and the motor on the Tornado is clearly a Bafang CST not a BPM. You can see the screws that hold on the RH side-plate that the BPM2 doesn't have. Is that just a mock-up or does the Tornado actually have a CST motor?
The technical description from my supplier is as follows-
Cobra-Bafang SWXH Alloy 36h,DC36v250W
Tornado-Bafang BPM Alloy 36h,DC36v250W
Arriba-Bafang CST Alloy 36h,DC36v250W
Does that help.
Dave
Kudoscycles

D

Deleted member 4366

The technical description from my supplier is as follows-
Cobra-Bafang SWXH Alloy 36h,DC36v250W
Tornado-Bafang BPM Alloy 36h,DC36v250W
Arriba-Bafang CST Alloy 36h,DC36v250W
Does that help.
Dave
Kudoscycles
Dave, I can read, but the point is that it's not a BPM2 motor in the photo. Have you got one that you can look at? Does it have screws in the side-plate or not?

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Dave, I can read, but the point is that it's not a BPM2 motor in the photo. Have you got one that you can look at? Does it have screws in the side-plate or not?
Hey....less aggressive,its not necessary,I think I have always been positive in answering enquiries..you are a school teacher aren't you?,you are not addressing a year 7 class!
You really wanted to word your question...please can you have a look and see if the sideplate has screws? The answer is both motors have 6 screws on on about 160,00 BCD. The body of the Arriba motor is about 30,00 mm wide,that of the Tornado is about 35mm wide.
Answered politely
Dave
Kudoscycles

D

Deleted member 4366

Sorry for being so abrupt, but I found your previous answer rather disnissive.

The mystery has deepened then because the BPM2 doesn't have screws to hold on the sideplate. Instead, the whole plate screws off by way of the dogs near the axle. According to the drawing on the Szbaf.com site, the CST motor is about 35mm between the spoke flanges, so the Tornado motor matches the CST. My 500w CST is also 35mm. It could be a black painted BPM1 which is shown as 40mm wide on the szbaf site the same as mine, although the drawing at BMSBattery shows it as 35mm. That might be the digfference between 350w and 500w, although my 350w front BPM is about 38mm wide.

So that leaves us with a 30mm wide CST on the Arriba that doesn't match any drawings.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Dave,
I readily admit to not being an expert with the BPM series of motors,to date we have only used the 8fun motor. The chinese are masters at using what they have to get product out the door-the BPM motors I have seen have usually been silver colour,so as to satisfy my requirement on our sample they could easily have sprayed it black to deliver the one off sample. The CST motors are normally black finish.
The chinese new year (CNY) is about to start up until the 17th Feb so its difficult for me to communicate with them now,immediately afterwards I am promised shipment of Arriba/Cobra and Tornado product so we can view actual production product soom afterwards.
It is our intention as with previous Kudos models to allow remote customers to buy Kudos bike parts as long as it does not affect our supporting spares stock to our own bikes.
For exanple,the TCM motor used in the Ibex crank drive bike including controller will be available at £224.00 plus vat,although it needs a special frame to mount the motor and BB tube dimensions it may be useful to a DIY builder.
Bit busy at the moment but the drawing of the BPM motor off the szbaf.com site does look very similar to my Arriba motor but sprayed black.
That probably raises more questions than answers,
Dave
Kudoscycles

D

Deleted member 4366

OK, itlooks like we'll have to wait for the first production batches to see exactly what they'll be. In the end. it doesn't matter what they are as long as they go well.

This all came about when a guy on ES challenged that the Emotion Neos had a BPM2 motor in, which it clearly has, so I showed him a picture of the Neo motor and your Tornado motor to show that they're the same, then I noticed the screws in yours. I hope he doesn't notice!

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Apologies to all with the delays of the Kudos Performance Range,China is so slow at present. But the Arriba,Tornado and Cobra are en ship,ETA 1st week June Felixstowe,the Ibex model will be 2 weeks later.
When we get them we will have good stocks.
KudosDave

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Kudos Arriba,Tornado and Cobra bikes now in stock

Just unloaded the first container of the Kudos Arriba,Tornado and Cobra bikes. Test bikes and production bikes will be available this weekend at Bristol.
KudosDave

D

Deleted member 4366

Will you have that KTM with the Panasonic motor? If so, book me a test ride on it.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
When will the bikes be in the dealers? Bristol is a bit far this weekend since I'm nightshift. ;)

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
I've just been talking to Paul at Kudos, who tells me the Ibex crank drive bike will not be at Bristol but the Arriba, Tornado & Cobra will.

Bit of a bummer for me, as the chance to compare the hillclimbing ability & general practicality of the Arriba & Ibex were the main reason for trekking up there this weekend.

All things considered, I won't bother as it's forecast wet.