Lazy Journalism

Samcycles

Pedelecer
Apr 26, 2020
Northern Ireland
Typical lazy journalism again and still falsely reporting Simon Cowell's accident as happening on an e-bike. The basic premise of this article seems to be to advise against using conversion kits.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Typical lazy journalism again and still falsely reporting Simon Cowell's accident as happening on an e-bike. The basic premise of this article seems to be to advise against using conversion kits.
Halfords have a nerve saying this:

Halfords do not sell conversion kits. Halfords said this is because it is not sure of the safety of conversion kits and because of the 'grey legal area'.

Meanwhile they sell e-scooters which are completely illegal anywhere in public when privately owned:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Halfords have a nerve saying this:

Halfords do not sell conversion kits. Halfords said this is because it is not sure of the safety of conversion kits and because of the 'grey legal area'.

Meanwhile they sell e-scooters which are completely illegal anywhere in public when privately owned:
I had exactly the same thought!

One thing I don't understand. Clearly, this reporter is very ill-informed. Why don't they ever reach out to us or spend 20 minutes reading through the threads to figure out what's going on. Whenever they do an article on ebikes, they always feature the daftest ones they can find rather than using long-established brands, like Wisper and Juicy.

I'd love to know what qualifications Grace Gausden has to write that article. Clearly she's not an engineer. What do you reckon - gender studies?

gsm.terra

Pedelecer
Aug 3, 2020
Edinburgh
The comments are full of the usual “pass a test, road tax, insurance nonsense”

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: TedG and gsm.terra