LCD display not working as it should

G5rry

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 7, 2017
Norwich
I'm looking for a little advice, I have purchased a conversion kit from eBay and fitted, all seems well but for one slightly annoying problem.
It would seem that the kit is Boss based but connected to a Sparticle front wheel, it was sold and fitted like this to the original owner, the problem is the display which is Boss and seems to have a lot of features, doesn't work correctly, the speed either doesn't register at all or when it does it is far faster than it should be.
This means that the speedo, odo, average speed, trip etc are a waste of time, I have spoken with the shop it was purchased from and he says they were let down by the suppliers with mods that would have fixed these issues.
This is no deal breaker but it would be nice to have it working right as at present it is a largish display for battery power, time, temp and amount of power being used.
Any thoughts as to what I could do, I suspect nothing as the shop would know, maybe sell the current wheel and fit a compatible one (whatever that may be)?
Any advice greatly appreciated.20170910_104429.jpg

D

Deleted member 4366

That's a standard Bafang C965 display. If you use Google, you can find instructions for it. The password for the advanced settings is normally 0512 or 1919.

• Useful
Reactions: G5rry

G5rry

Sep 7, 2017
Norwich
That's a standard Bafang C965 display. If you use Google, you can find instructions for it. The password for the advanced settings is normally 0512 or 1919.
Thanks.
Have found instructions.
Can only hope it is the wheel size set wrong, it is the only thing that seems to be relevant.

G5rry

Sep 7, 2017
Norwich
The setting was set to 26", changed to 700c still gave very strange readings and didn't seem to run as well as before, so I've changed it back.
Guess it just isn't suited to the Sparticle wheel.
Shame like it when everything works as it should.

G5rry

Sep 7, 2017
Norwich
I have changed it back to 700c as I guess that is what it should be set at, maybe it running worse was my imagination.
The pictures below show the other components, the Boss controller and a 14 ah Samsung battery (according to the shop)20170910_164519.jpg 20170910_164557.jpg
Don't suppose it will help greatly but you never know.