LED panel question - 880 vs 810 (4wire and 5 wire)

porrascarlos80

Just Joined
Oct 21, 2016
COSTA RICA
hello,

I have the 810 led panel , but when I press, 6km, or assist level buttons, nothing happens, always motor goes to the same speed. Controller doesnt even gets warm, neither the motor. it is 48v 1000w china kit.

any idea what to check?

thx

Reactions: dgncsk
D

Deleted member 4366

You have to measure the voltage between the green and black wires while it;s switched on. Should be:
Level 1 = 1v
Level 2 = 2v
Level 3 = 3v
6km/h (hold) = 4v

If you don't get anything like that, it's probably had water in it as is scrap, though occasionally the wires get pulled off the pcb, so just need soldering back on.

It's a bit strange that your controller is still working. That means that the black, blue and red wires are still attached and the CPU in the 810 is still working, so unusual that only the PAS signal is missing. Did it operate normally previously? The voltage measurements will tell us where your problem is.

dgncsk

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2017
Ankara Turkey
i have LED 810 model for some time. it is working and driving the motor correctly. green wire has 1 2 3volts respectively when switched the modes but it is not connected on controller side. why? i bought this from FOCAN store over aliexpress.

black and red wire is enough to operate this panel as on off switch and light switch, that is all. blue is for nothing. i cut it. it made no difference. once i had a bike with 880 panel ( three years ago). all wires had someting to do. i remember that i managed to reduce voltage of PAS levels using a single diode by 0.5 volts and this was giving me a slower riding possibility at level 1. rest was powerfull enough to move faster.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
i have LED 810 model for some time. it is working and driving the motor correctly. green wire has 1 2 3volts respectively when switched the modes but it is not connected on controller side. why? i bought this from FOCAN store over aliexpress.

black and red wire is enough to operate this panel as on off switch and light switch, that is all. blue is for nothing. i cut it. it made no difference. once i had a bike with 880 panel ( three years ago). all wires had someting to do. i remember that i managed to reduce voltage of PAS levels using a single diode by 0.5 volts and this was giving me a slower riding possibility at level 1. rest was powerfull enough to move faster.
What you're saying isn't quite right.

The red and black wires power the panel with battery voltage. The on/off switch operates both the panel and the controller. When switched on, the red wire is latched to the blue one to provide the battery voltage that powers the controller. The controller is powered by that blue wire, so if you cut it, the controller would have no power and wouldn't work unless you hot-wired it somehow..

The green wire sets the assist levels. If it's not connected, you only get level 1. The throttle works independently as long as the controller is switched on.

Nearly all Chinese controllers in the last 10 years read the pedal sensor and look for a yes/no condition of pulsing or not, so cutting down the 5v signal to 4.5v would make no difference. Before that, there were all sorts of weird systems, some of which are still around, like the guy's Izip (Currie) that he's trying to sort out in another thread.

It sounds to me like either you had the wrong controller for the panel or it was wired completely wrongly.

dgncsk

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2017
Ankara Turkey
Thank you for prompt reply. i am totally lost in a pool of 4 different sets of controllers and screens. i wish i was invested on KT series at beginning. even i have two identical screens from different aliexpress sellers, but controllers are different at power ratings as well, they won't interchange too! one of them calculates speed other shows only zero. one has less assist power using pas on same controller.

With this combo I am sure red and black is ok to operate the panel as on off switch and light button. blue wire is nothing. green is 1 2 3 volts only and not connected to controller and doing nothing. May be my led panel is also problematic somehow, i realy dont know. I think , i will go crazy.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Thank you for prompt reply. i am totally lost in a pool of 4 different sets of controllers and screens. i wish i was invested on KT series at beginning. even i have two identical screens from different aliexpress sellers, but controllers are different at power ratings as well, they won't interchange too! one of them calculates speed other shows only zero. one has less assist power using pas on same controller.

With this combo I am sure red and black is ok to operate the panel as on off switch and light button. blue wire is nothing. green is 1 2 3 volts only and not connected to controller and doing nothing. May be my led panel is also problematic somehow, i realy dont know. I think , i will go crazy.
Without the blue wire connected, the panel can't work as a switch since the switch is between the red and the blue wires. If you only connect red and black, the control panel will switch on and off and work as a battery level display, but the controller will be on all the time, assuming that it works at all.