Lidl offers

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Bargains

Always get some decent stuff there biged , I have bought their reflective waistcoat , chain lube , helmet , cycling gloves , cycle computer and their Motorcycling gear in the past . Thanks for prompting me .

BLACKPANTHER

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2010
Doncaster.
Lidl are selling lots of cycling stuff a week on Monday (14th)
Picked up a leaflet today, its worth a look.
Would it be too cheeky to ask you to scan and post the leaflet? I could use some new over shoes, but I doubt they'd sell obscure stuff like that?

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Overshoes For BLACKPANTHER ?

Lidl have Motorcycle gear on Monday 3rd March and they have Rain Overshoes for £5.99 . They are described as wind and waterproof with sealed seams and PVC Coating , hook and loop fasteners with non-slip soles . Sizes S to XL .

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Get there early, there's often a queue and regular sizes go quickly.
Some stuff is naff but I find the clothing good.

Biged

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2010
Watnall, Nottingham
'Would it be too cheeky to ask you to scan and post the leaflet'

Its 6 pages of items.
Easier just to list them and prices.

Helmet kids 7.99 adults 8.99
Gloves 2.99
Specs inc 2 pairs lenses 7.99
Underwear 6.99
Rucksack 20L 7.99
Triple pannier 14.99
Single side pannier 11.99
Gilet 6.99
Top mens and womens 6.99
Shoes 14.99
Saddle 6.99
Lock 4.99
Tool kit 4.99
Bike hoist 4.99
Computer 30 func 3.99
Halogen light set 9.99
Twin foot pump 4.99
Alloy floor pump 4.99
Inner tubes 24" 26" 28" 2 pack 3.99
Accessories 1.99
Saddle bag 4.99
Insulated water flask 2.29
Rain jacket 9.99
Rain trousers 7.99

Hope that helps, shop opens at 9.00 (well mine does) be there early or miss out.

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
Thanks for the heads-up info BigEd and the info not yet available on the web site. There's a couple of clothing items I'm wanting to replace. Aldi cycling offers will also not be far away - need to keep an eye on them.

donnoirf

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2010
KINGS NORTON BIRMINGHAM
Picked up a few items from lidl today some v good stuff! There seem to be some pricing differences though! I got a pack of 2 coloured panniers for 11.99 instead of 1 for 11.99. They seem very strong and and long enough you to hold a battery.

Some items were not available in my local store

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

And here are the Lidl panniers in use, excellent value. Can anyone spot my mistake:eek: I also bought a couple of saddles which seem OK. LIDL cycling goods.

Panniers 1.jpgPanniers 2.jpgPanniers 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Biged

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2010
Watnall, Nottingham
I got a few of the the offers as well.
I got the other panniers with detachable top bag, liked the rain cover that zips out.
A rain jacket, great value at a tenner.
The floor pump for when we are on holiday with the bikes.
The small 'saddle' bag with toolkit, the toolkit is very comprehensive, it even comes with a cloth to wipe your hands and spare bulbs, though i cant see bulbs being much use to me.
Some items had not turned up at my branch, lights, specs and accessory kits
All in all a great mornings shopping, top value stuff:)

averhamdave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
Can't spot a mistake John. What have you done?

Panniers look good, unfortunately my local Lidyl is 14 miles away so I'm going to miss out. We do have an Aldi and periodically they do these promotions - hoping they do a bike one soon.

John - Have you given us the lowdown on the trailer in the past? Would be quite interesting if you haven't.:)

C

Cyclezee

Can't spot a mistake John. What have you done?

Panniers look good, unfortunately my local Lidyl is 14 miles away so I'm going to miss out. We do have an Aldi and periodically they do these promotions - hoping they do a bike one soon.

John - Have you given us the lowdown on the trailer in the past? Would be quite interesting if you haven't.:)
Hi Dave,

My mistake was to fit the panniers back to front, i.e. the reflective white triangles should have been at the back not the front. They are now though.

The trailer is a B.O.B. Yak which I bought secondhand. I had wanted one for a while and this one was the right price and came with an extra set of forks, but excluding the 'Dry Sak' which I bought seperately. It is a few years old and not the latest version, but had not had a lot of use and there is very little to go wrong with them. It's main purpose is for shopping trips and it performs this task very well. It will carry a considerable load, over 30Kg, and the Dry Sak does what is says, it keeps things dry.
Towing and handling is not a problem with the Forza, unloaded, you can quite easily forget it is there.

To sum up, it is an excellent bit of kit, but quite expensive to buy new, about £330 including the Dry Sak.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroppielass

Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2008
Shrewsbury
Are you sure you picked up those panniers in Lidl John? They look pretty smart - completely different from the picture on their website.
I could have been tempted.

Lidl panniers.jpg

donnoirf

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2010
KINGS NORTON BIRMINGHAM
and I thought my day turned out long & pricey

my lidl is just 3 miles away! so I rode there! on the way home I took a detour to the other lidl to see if they had the tool kit there.

On the way there ( now I'm 6 miles from home) I get a puncture in my week old continental Travel contact trye (PUNCTURE RESISTANT MY A...!!)

no spanner in my bag, so I walk 3 miles pushing the bike to the nearest bike shop! sorry no can do! we are too busy & have no space for you to leave the bike!

so I walk the other 3 miles home. Get home.. Knackered! wheel off ... in the car... to the other bike shop who fixed it up for £8.00 + £27.00 for a better puncture resistant tyre for the back wheel

loved the lidl prices & gear, hated the remainder of the day!

C

Cyclezee

Are you sure you picked up those panniers in Lidl John? They look pretty smart - completely different from the picture on their website.
I could have been tempted.

View attachment 1874
Hi Lass,
they are definitely from Lidl, they do a couple of different types, these are ones I bought LIDL

To be honest, I don't think they are quite as tough as a very similar pair I bought from Lidl a couple of years ago. They have had a lot of use and are still going strong, but the new ones will do just fine and for £11.99 are a bargain.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Picked up a few items from lidl today some v good stuff! There seem to be some pricing differences though! I got a pack of 2 coloured panniers for 11.99 instead of 1 for 11.99. They seem very strong and and long enough you to hold a battery.

Some items were not available in my local store
They are usually priced up as a pair but it's not obvious, I've made the same mistake in the past.
I looked at those today and they look very good VFM but the side panels will let water in, they may well bounce off the rack and they aren't very hard wearing. But if you like them enough to knacker them then you'll probably be happy to buy an expensive pair. I think they are much better than a throwover set.
and I thought my day turned out long & pricey

my lidl is just 3 miles away! so I rode there! on the way home I took a detour to the other lidl to see if they had the tool kit there.

On the way there ( now I'm 6 miles from home) I get a puncture in my week old continental Travel contact trye (PUNCTURE RESISTANT MY A...!!)

no spanner in my bag, so I walk 3 miles pushing the bike to the nearest bike shop! sorry no can do! we are too busy & have no space for you to leave the bike!

so I walk the other 3 miles home. Get home.. Knackered! wheel off ... in the car... to the other bike shop who fixed it up for £8.00 + £27.00 for a better puncture resistant tyre for the back wheel

loved the lidl prices & gear, hated the remainder of the day!
I've tried loads of puncture resistant tyres and had loads of punctures, the only one I haven't tested well are the Marathon Plus, that will come soon when I take the winter tyres off.

I picked up a new saddle, I think it was the last road one there and I got some new summer gloves. For some reason they think mens feet are size 6-8, no surprise the shelf was still full.

donnoirf

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2010
KINGS NORTON BIRMINGHAM
They are usually priced up as a pair but it's not obvious, I've made the same mistake in the past.
I looked at those today and they look very good VFM but the side panels will let water in, they may well bounce off the rack and they aren't very hard wearing. But if you like them enough to knacker them then you'll probably be happy to buy an expensive pair. I think they are much better than a throwover set.

I've tried loads of puncture resistant tyres and had loads of punctures, the only one I haven't tested well are the Marathon Plus, that will come soon when I take the winter tyres off.

I picked up a new saddle, I think it was the last road one there and I got some new summer gloves. For some reason they think mens feet are size 6-8, no surprise the shelf was still full.
I have a basil throw over set, but but I like the practicality of the lidl red & blue set because they looked like they would be practical for shopping, inthat I can take them into the supermarket with me & not have to use carrier bags . also when not filled the they stay fairly flat

personally Im finding that they quite difficult to remove from the rack, from that angle I fear that the clips will break in no time.