Lifecycle electric bikes- anyone have one??

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Morphix

I can confirm that in my opinion they are simply poor copies of Wisper bikes.

These guys used to be Wisper dealers, we had to get rid of them for many reasons including seriously bad service and back up. In five years they are the only dealer we have ever had to sack!

If you are looking for a cheaper bike there are many better bikes to choose from, many are advertised on this site.

Best regards

David

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
Hi.
Sorry to pick up on an old thread. I have been looking at the Lifecycle range sold through Electric Bike World in Southampton.

Firstly, and assuming this is the same company that Wisper Bikes state that they "sacked"( 4th November 2010 in a contribution from David at Wisper Bikes), then how is it possible that the same company is retailing Wisper Bikes at this moment?

Did Wisper "unsack" them?
Is there a "grey" market in Wisper Bikes?

Thank you.
Regards
vectra

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Vectra

Due to all the complaints we had from customers regarding poor service etc. we would never work with these guys again.

They don't sell Wisper bikes they simply use our images and name to attract the unwary.

If you ask for a Wisper they wil tell you they are out of stock of Wisper and their bike is much better anyway!!!!! :rolleyes: We have asked them several times to take our bike of their site but they never get round to it.

Thanks for reminding me, I will now take legal advice.

Best regards

David

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
Hi Vectra

Due to all the complaints we had from customers regarding poor service etc. we would never work with these guys again.

They don't sell Wisper bikes they simply use our images and name to attract the unwary.

If you ask for a Wisper they wil tell you they are out of stock of Wisper and their bike is much better anyway!!!!! :rolleyes: We have asked them several times to take our bike of their site but they never get round to it.

Thanks for reminding me, I will now take legal advice.

Best regards

David
David Hi.

Thank you for the clarification. I've never yet met a company that would attempt to attract customers in this manner. You say you will take legal advice and I wish you well.

Notwithstanding the legal issues; any company that operates in this way should be named and shamed. The old northern phrase "wouldn't touch them with a bargepole"; springs to mind.
Regards
vectra

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Vectra, the situation is so frustrating but unfortunately very typical of the people involved in this company.

They have been a complete pain in the "A" from the day we met them, not the type of company we want selling Wisper bikes.

Enough said, I can feel my blood pressure rising!! :p

All the best

David

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
PHEW.....talk about buyer beware.....have only met the guy who has their bikes in honiton......wonder if HE realises the type of company he is dealing with ??
Good luck David with the legal action........I have to admit when I looked on their site I did wonder whether the wispers were actually available especially as their own bikes just seemed like wisper clones.
Lynda

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Lynda, if you are referring to Nip Nip they have ceased to be a dealer.

TBO, I really don't take much notice of them, there are companies like this in all areas of business. Annoying but best ignored!

Best regards

David

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Hi Lynda, if you are referring to Nip Nip they have ceased to be a dealer.

TBO, I really don't take much notice of them, there are companies like this in all areas of business. Annoying but best ignored!

Best regards

David
No...never heard of nip nip......this guy is axcess electric bikes.....a new shop who I think only stocks lifestyle bikes.
Lynda

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
Thanks Vectra, the situation is so frustrating but unfortunately very typical of the people involved in this company.

They have been a complete pain in the "A" from the day we met them, not the type of company we want selling Wisper bikes.

Enough said, I can feel my blood pressure rising!! :p

All the best

David
Hi
This is one VERY confused company. I saw a couple of their bikes on Ebay on Friday. Their ads state a headline price yet the text of their ads states a price some £300 less!

I wrote and asked if they could clarify the price and also asked about weight i.e. including and excluding battery. Their response? Well it arrived a few minutes ago and all the guy has done is send me a message containing nothing but question marks....??????????!

This IS one very strange company!

Regards
vectra

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
At least lifecycle offers a 2 year no-quibble warranty on the bike and all it's parts including the battery, so that stands in their favour.
It can be strategy though, marketing a cheap product at a high price which comfortably covers those which do fail.

If so, you are covered, but with the higher possibility of the inconvenience of a failure, plus a worse bike for the future, at the high price of better bikes.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Hi
This is one VERY confused company. I saw a couple of their bikes on Ebay on Friday. Their ads state a headline price yet the text of their ads states a price some £300 less!

I wrote and asked if they could clarify the price and also asked about weight i.e. including and excluding battery. Their response? Well it arrived a few minutes ago and all the guy has done is send me a message containing nothing but question marks....??????????!

This IS one very strange company!

Regards
vectra
When I asked them the weight question at their stand at a motorhome fair he said he didnt know so picked it up and said hmmm about 23 kilos...same weight as my current bike which I lift up onto the rack of my motorhome.......whereas his i could hardly lift it off the ground so told him it was certainly more than that......how on earth can anyone sell bikes without knowing the weight......says it all really.........

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
It can be strategy though, marketing a cheap product at a high price which comfortably covers those which do fail.

If so, you are covered, but with the higher possibility of the inconvenience of a failure, plus a worse bike for the future, at the high price of better bikes.
Excellent point Flecc......