Most powerful '250w' motor

DanPan

Just Joined
Jun 13, 2018
Hello!

I currently have a Panda m-Drive (250w mid drive 36v 15ah - similar to a bbs01) installed on a Carrera Valour. I built this a few years ago using second hand parts at a cost of around £300. It's served me well but now I want to upgrade.

I have used both hub motors (geared & direct) along with mid drives in the past. I prefer geared hubs or mid motors, no preference between the two.

My top priority is power. I want the most powerful motor (a good balance of torque and top speed) that is marked as 250w. I will not consider anything marked higher than 250w, I am not prepared to use stickers, etc.

In an ideal world, a 250w marked bbshd would be perfect! But I don't believe these exist.

I have not yet purchased a bike so the bike can fit around the motor requirements.

The best i have come up with so far are:

1. 48v 250w Tongsheng TSDZ2 (woosh sell these along with another seller I have found)

2. 48v 250w Bafang SWX02 (i can only find this from Woosh as part of a complete kit with battery - I would prefer to build my own battery though)

3. 48v 250w MXUS XF08 (these seam to be readily available)

4. 48v BBS02 maked as 250w ( i'm unable to find a suppler of these anymore, anyone have a source?)

5. 48v 250w DWG22C (agian, i can only find this from Woosh but I would prefer to build my own battery)

Are there any better choices available? Which of the above will take the most amps?

Thanks,
Dan.

P.s. Thanks to Tony at Woosh for the options he provided me after a discussion (TSDZ2, SWX02, DWG22C).

Last edited: