New battery recommendations

Ianb84

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 12, 2018
Edinburgh
Hi guys,
After over 5 years my battery’s range is reduced enough for me to consider buying a new one (it’s convered almost 10,000 miles)
I’m eyeing a UPP on eBay 48v 20ah
OR
I’ve just seen a 48v24.5ah from pedal ease.
My previous was only 13ah so looking for something 20ish ah to help with more range,
Any suggestions would be great,
Cheers,
Ian

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
That’s great cheers, I will have a look
Greenlance seem OK. I have two from them. Somebody else got one recently. Delivery is lightning fast, so be ready for it. I'll keep recommending them until there's a reason not to. At the moment, everything is good. AUTUMN10 gives you 10% discount.

Ianb84

May 12, 2018
Edinburgh
Is there any way to check if the AH Is genuine? Or just range test a giant my old 13ah and guestimate from there?
For my previous better to be lasting over 5 years 10,000 miles does that mean it was good quality one? Was a hailong bought from eBay …

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
An rough n ready ah check is to simply measure the voltage of the battery when low and determine what % of 'charge' is in the battery for example .. if a 20ah battery at 50% capacity charged with a 4a charger should take 2 1/2 hours to charge.. If it takes significantly less I would doubt the AH reported for the battery

Ianb84

May 12, 2018
Edinburgh
So I went for the 48v20ah battery from greenlance, got with thiet Black Friday discount code so made the price very reasonable for that size of battery.
Great customer service from Greenlance, added in an extra charger at my request and sent a link to pay the extra, all quite simple.
On my 11 mile commute the battery barely drained with a mix pedal assist 1 and 2 so in my mind the AH of the battery is genuine. It’s physically bigger and heavier than my previous 13ah battery.
Cheers for all ur help guys

Reactions: saneagle