New Name for Forum

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
Mods I think this is another thread that needs closing.

Mar 9, 2016
So what if there bikes are illegal its there choice...not yours why don't you try and keep your opinions to yourself and try and enjoy the forums like the rest of us.
Because their bikes are openly posted on here...the shop window for Pedelecs. They might as well put a card around their necks with illegal written on it in great big red letters...or put it in paper..only same..
You don't see it but we are playing straight into hands of anyone wanting to regulate Pedelecs more stringently..
Just stop telling everybody for goodness sake.
Yes build your bikes, do what you want with them. Its like the fools on fast motorbikes videoing themselves doing 150 mph and uploading to facebook. Only difference is that only affects them when they get caught. This will lead to everyone of us loosing out.
Its barmy.
There are 3 posts currently on forum with posters openly telling everyone they can achieve over 30 mph , on flat , without pedalling..??? And you are asking me to shut up !!!

And yes, close thread, the truth is upsetting a few on here..

Last edited:
Reactions: morphix

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
just have a bong and calm down lol ;)

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Because their bikes are openly posted on here...the shop window for Pedelecs. They might as well put a card around their necks with illegal written on it in great big red letters...or put it in paper..only same..
You don't see it but we are playing straight into hands of anyone wanting to regulate Pedelecs more stringently..
Just stop telling everybody for goodness sake.
Yes build your bikes, do what you want with them. Its like the fools on fast motorbikes videoing themselves doing 150 mph and uploading to facebook. Only difference is that only affects them when they get caught. This will lead to everyone of us loosing out.
Its barmy.
There are 3 posts currently on forum with posters openly telling everyone they can achieve over 30 mph , on flat , without pedalling..??? And you are asking me to shut up !!!
Yawn.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
Yawn
Perhaps you should be asking for the threads about blatantly illegal bikes being closed. Would make much more sense.

Yawn.......For Christs sake get off your high horse as its getting boring and tedious.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

went to 2 plod shops and i was on performance enhancing drugs ;)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It will never make any difference. It's EU law and that isn't going to change because of a minor degree of misbehaviour in one member country, especially when that country plays such a tiny part in the European pedelec world.

Anyway, the DfT isn't stupid, they know that additional regulation won't deter law breakers, they would just carry on breaking the law.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2016
It will never make any difference. It's EU law and that isn't going to change because of a minor degree of misbehaviour in one member country, especially when that country plays such a tiny part in the European pedelec world.

Anyway, the DfT isn't stupid, they know that additonal regulation won't deter law breakers, they would just carry on breaking the law.
Too right on that Flecc...but Government/ National Park authorities don't need EU to ban ebikes..Rangers near us are asking quite pertinent questions already... Mountain bikers are worried they,ll be tarred with us......They look on here and think we cant tell a 250 w Bosch from a 1000w Bafung,why should we bother..just ban them all...
To be honest Flecc I could not care less about folk breaking laws. Its the advertising of it on here which will do the damage..I,ve not come accross an illegal ebike anywhere in Peaks. Look on here and they are everywhere..
Rightly or wrongly this place does offer an insight into Pedelec world, we should be more careful of what impression it gives. As a newcomer the blatant open disregard for pedelec laws has been both a shock and not representative of reality. Folk I,ve met don't use dongles, throttles,Bafung 1000w bikes, Cyclo 1000w bikes ior any such things..
They,ve all been on 250w legal bikes... Folk reading this forum would find that hard to believe...

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
all Bosch motors are 350w :p

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I,ve not come accross an illegal ebike anywhere in Peaks. Look on here and they are everywhere..
It's the same for most of us, we just don't see the illegal bikes. That's because there are so few of them, spread out across the whole country they disappear.

This forum gives a false impression of there being lots, but in reality we never have very many active members and only a minority of them have illegal bikes or illegal mods. They are just lost among our well over 30 million vehicles and 65 million population.

Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
weed and cider and a lot of turbo ;)

Reactions: LeighPing
Mar 9, 2016
It's the same for most of us, we just don't see the illegal bikes. That's because there are so few of them, spread out across the whole country they disappear.

This forum gives a false impression of there being lots, but in reality we never have very many active members and only a minority of them have illegal bikes or illegal mods. They are just lost among our well over 30 million vehicles and 65 million population.
Well perhaps us pointing that out on here will help...
But why shouldn't forum reflect this. Shouldn't illegal bike threads but put in right place ???

Mar 9, 2016
And whilst I,m on my high horse..the off road section sends out completely the wrong message.
It implies off road illeggal is ok, or 1000w ok..
It should read on private enclosed land. Off road will be first to suffer in any clamp down.
Besides in reality the lower power legal mtb is at a lesser disadvantage off road to its illegal counterpart on it.
Ps
The Bosch 250 w is only 350 w continous when used in Pedelec S mode..ie in higher gears, maintaining higher spreeds ( over 16 mph)
Besides you don't need to sign a disclaimer for it.The Bosch,Yam and Impulse have all passed relevant tests for legal use.
The bikes in question on here have not.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its software programmed by bosch that is the only difference to sclass bikes there is no difference in the motors them self other than faster speed limit.

with a dongle the speed limit is even higher than sclass so my bike would be r class ;)