New to the scene

Steed

Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2016
Lincolnshire
Punctures can be a problem - especially taking into account all the wiring/connections on an e-bike. I found the Gaadi inner tube (a straight section of tubular rubber sealed at each end) to be really useful. Only had to use it once but now I always carry one when out on a long cycle ride. Not cheap but, coupled with a CO2 inflator, takes most of the worry out of getting a puncture.
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/product-news/rubena-introduces-bicycle-inner-tube-can-fitted-without-removing-wheel-133637
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gaadi-Double-Ended-Bicycle-Inner-Tube-size-26-x-1-90-2-25-schrader-40mm-valve-/321584080750?hash=item4adfe7a76e:g:jaEAAOSwAF5UZHcO
Thanks for that - punctures are a worry and anything to minimize their impact is worth doing, although (touch wood) the Continental Tour Plus tyres currently fitted have been fine and on my previous bike the Specialized Armadillo tyres were likewise. Just pumped up hard!

Steed

Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2016
Lincolnshire
One of the reasons that I make my own. :D

Really enjoying the thread Steed, and many thanks for sharing. :)
If those are your creations then you have a considerable talent!

Here is another one from my railway ride today. Seat carved from a single lump of wood located along the former Woodhall Junction to Horncastle branch line. A thing to admire and functional for a slightly weary e biker as well.13.png

Reactions: EddiePJ

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Thank you kindly Steed. Yep they are all my own work. :)

The totem pole shaped sculpture stands out of the ground by 3.6 metres and is 200mm x 200mm square. It took me 60 hours to make, and no power tools were used. Bacho kind of sponsored the making of it, by providing me with a box of various handsaws. :) I made just one overcut whilst making it, which annoyed the hell out of me at the time, but I guess that still isn't too bad.

It does look pretty good in the snow though.

I love the carved out seat, it has reminded me of a carved out seat that once saw in Wales.

I have only carved one seat, and that was for my daughter from an oak tree that I cut down. It was a joint effort, and my first and actually my last attempt at relief carving.

I actually get more fun producing things such as this.

Last edited:

Steed

Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2016
Lincolnshire
Here are a few more photos of sculptures I found during my latest ride along the old Boston/Lincoln railway in the sunshine today. They are interesting and impressive and presumably cost a fortune to commission, but I have to say EddiePJ's creations that he has shown on here are at least their equal in my eyes. Although some may question my judgement on the basis of riding a Kalkhoff/Impulse e bike!14.png 17.png

Reactions: EddiePJ