News: What’s new for Bosch 2018: ABS, PowerTube & new Active Line

Pedelecs

Editorial
May 20, 2015

Bosch recently unveiled their anti-lock braking system to increase rider safety.

Based on their research of 500 cycling accidents, Bosch believe a quarter of pedelec accidents could be avoided with their anti-lock braking system, which increases stability through a combination of ABS on the front wheel while limiting rear wheel lift...

PowerTube fully integrated battery

More on the ABS, Active Line & PowerTube here:
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/news/bosch-2018-abs-powertube-500-active-line/

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
How do you lift the rear wheel of a 23+kg trekking or city bike with front suspension when braking hard? I have been trying for quite some time (a year! Happy birthday Number 2!) without success. The Big Bens do not let go, the suspension absorbs a lot of energy and the bike just stops. I am calling "marketing gimmick" on the Bosch ABS system.

Reactions: 4bound

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i got abs already i just use the rear brake :D

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
How do you lift the rear wheel of a 23+kg trekking or city bike with front suspension when braking hard? I have been trying for quite some time (a year! Happy birthday Number 2!) without success. The Big Bens do not let go, the suspension absorbs a lot of energy and the bike just stops. I am calling "marketing gimmick" on the Bosch ABS system.
I tend to agree with you on this one. Doubt it is going stop front sliding out on road paint when cornering.