Options for converting hardtail mountain bike

not dave

Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2020
Hi. Thanks too some good advice here I recently converted my commuter to a tsdz2.
I have an old hardtail gt karakoram and would like to know what options there are for converting that. Hopefully I could use the battery that came with the tsdz2 kit a "
EU No Tax 48V 14.5Ah Hairon the interior battery SAMSUNG INR18650-29E ebike battery fit 48V 750W/ 1000W" from pswpower.
The bike would not be used on the road so I don't think I need to restrict myself to 250w but please correct me if I am wrong.
There bike has external cabling so is wonder if a tsdz2 would cause problems fitting.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
The bike would not be used on the road so I don't think I need to restrict myself to 250w but please correct me if I am wrong.
Fine as long as you also keep clear of public places offroad; in particular no bridleways, canal paths, footpaths (of course), parks, rights to roam areas etc. Technically you will be limited to private land with no public access rights but with landowners permission.

Many people ignore this (and ignore it on road as well) and almost never get even warnings, let alone confiscation or prosecution, but that is the strict legal position.

• Informative
Reactions: dwvl