parts an prices from china

luap321

Pedelecer
Aug 30, 2022
i know things used to be cheap from china but i dont think its the case now has it all changed
hailong battery aliexpress £143.32 + £48 shipping and if you scearch long enough on amazon and ebay you can find them for 2 or 3 pound more i have found this to be the case for displays an controllers somtimes cheaper than china has the shipping just gone up or somthing

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes the field is more equal now as vat and higher p&p costs appear to be added, aliexpress is still good sometimes for a bargain or for certain items simply not available elsewhere.

I have recently bought a Redshift suspension stem with the full set of elastomers for £42 delivered, I expect it may be a copy but is is logoed and appears to be the exact the same as the genuine Redshift which is some £150+
I was going to get asecond but the seller no longer has them, I have found another china seller on ebay at £75 which is still under half price. These bits of kit are quite good one uses the elastomers to get the rebound shock one want's for their weight, though the movement is only 20mm they reduce handle bar shock by 70% so ideal for road/touring and gravel bikes or any bike where one doesn't use a heavy clunky suspension fork.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
...and that's yet another useful thing which won't fit on my bike! Unless I saw something off, which wouldn't be a good idea. £87 here:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
...and that's yet another useful thing which won't fit on my bike! Unless I saw something off, which wouldn't be a good idea. £87 here:

Now dearer then ebay, it still pays to do the homework.

Even on the AliExp link scroll down the page and a seller is offerin git for £12 less, but still going to be nearer £90 with tax.

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Now dearer then ebay, it still pays to do the homework.

Even on the AliExp link scroll down the page and a seller is offerin git for £12 less, but still going to be nearer £90 with tax.
Clearly, it pays to know your way around Aliexpress! Their search engine is utterly useless, had noticed that looking at related items highlighted around the main product one is looking at, is a better way to find what you're looking for. Quite often I've taken to searching such sites with useless search function using Google's robot spidered record of that site, like this:

"Redshift suspension handlebar site:aliexpress.com"

...which is hit and miss, because they link red herring pages for the Gooogle's robot to find and include in Google's database of relevant links, in order to boost their search rankings on Google. Not at all helpful for users trying to find something specific.

Solarbake

Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2014
I got the genuine redshift on my willier ebike ,it has completely transformed the ride as it has no front suspension ,I’m running the softer elastomer and after a few rides you get used to the softer feeling on the front but I don’t get any numbnesses or pain on my wrists now.

Reactions: Bikes4two

Bonzo Banana

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
I think the £ is dropping in value internationally and this will have a knock on effect but I also think Chinese stuff is getting dearer on top. Many importer bike brands have moved out of China for production. Even in the US they are getting bikes made in Vietnam and Cambodia rather than mainland China now where as before they were mainly built there to avoid EU tariffs.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
when i order transformers from china the postage is free and never paid import duty either no matter the cost.

but prices are going up on everything.

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
I think the £ is dropping in value internationally and this will have a knock on effect but I also think Chinese stuff is getting dearer on top.
Your £ has dropped from #1.35USD to $1.14 this year. I should have come to London last week when it was $1.08USD. I was last there 33 years ago. Really enjoyed it,

However, it seems bike parts are getting cheaper for me. I just bought Shimano MT200 hydraulic levers, hose, and calipers front and rear for under $49 USD. Think I paid $79 in 2019.

I893469365902345609348566

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
I'm curious to see if I'll be charged any extra by customs for my first order from AliEx I made the other day, for this wired in bike light, which is yet to leave it's "Departure hub". Very annoyingly, for new users it's about £5 cheaper than I paid last week!

I normally find everything listed on Aliexpress on ebay, for the same price shipping from the UK, but this isn't available on ebay at all. In addition to the bright "Motorbike" headlight I already use, I can't wait to add this sort of bright light pattern to the fork, which looks far superior to the practically useless 3W Junstar light I use there presently.

Then I can point the other bright light slightly further up...

1....and to the left to be more visible to drivers at night approaching intersections, and at roundabouts.

2. So that I don't have to reposition my main light as I change speed... I want foreground lit when going slower, but lights illuminating further out when going fast downhill.

I'll give it a go, and consider whether I need to find a handlebar extension which stays in place and doesn't wobble about, when there's a second motorbike light attached to it.

The photo below is from what looks like a genuine Aliexpress reviewer, and the light appears to have been mounted on the fork.

Sales blurb graphic -

I'm collecting Aliexpress coins for my next order.

Last edited:

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
With no extra charges, this light arrived. Royal Mail Tracked 48 from Heathrow. I don't see that they can be making much profit.

It's pretty big, hope it's bright. I'll fit it in due course and upload a photo of the beam at night.

Last edited:

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
For the Season of The Flying Pig, I'd like Chinese Santa to make these "Side light" slits with red transparency much larger.

It's soldered on, but I haven't been out on cold dark roads yet.

The other two wires switch the light off when they touch, so I've made sure they never do.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

Bonzo Banana

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
Why on earth did we pay that when you see such shipments coming through Germany or ex-iron curtain countries coming through today with false declarations of value. I know this because I've bought goods from pswpower and other sites and you can see the declaration is false yet has come through Europe. Surely the UK should have defended itself by showing other countries are equally at fault. Seems madness to me. I wonder if those countries will end up paying such a huge fine. More money to add to our burden of debt and horrific interest payments causing more deaths and suffering in the UK as more services are cut back in hospitals, the police etc. More people dying of cancer who could have been saved, more people who won't get justice for crimes against them etc, etc.

Also how will the UK correct this, it seems an issue across all of Europe and difficult to stop will we will keep getting fines where as other countries get off scot free across Europe?

Makes me angry that we ever joined the EU it has been a wholesale disaster for the UK we would have been far better off as an independent country within Europe.

• Disagree
Reactions: vidtek and flecc

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That story says 2.3b , one I saw this morning says 1.7b ?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Makes me angry that we ever joined the EU it has been a wholesale disaster for the UK we would have been far better off as an independent country within Europe.
You must be too young to not know the truth at the time, that we were bankrupt and joining the Common Market saved us, bringing the necessary gradual upturn.

If so you may be around to get very upset when we rejoin, probably by the back door with EEC membership. That is why we left the door open for that with the Great Repeal Bill, one of the biggest confidence tricks successfully worked on the British public.

Bonzo Banana

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
You must be too young to not know the truth at the time, that we were bankrupt and joining the Common Market saved us, bringing the necessary gradual upturn.

If so you may be around to get very upset when we rejoin, probably by the back door with EEC membership. That is why we left the door open for that with the Great Repeal Bill, one of the biggest confidence tricks successfully worked on the British public.
That makes zero sense even for you. We made huge contributions to the EU and ended up with a huge trade deficit with the EU and much of industry destroyed as we couldn't compete in Europe with the high value of sterling. Then we had to pay more for goods from outside Europe because of EU tariffs and that is before you even start analysing EU legislation which was hugely damaging to this country. This is all documented at the Office of National Statistics and non debatable surely.

Manufacturing industry is gone, a huge number of companies are now foreign owned and we have incredible debts. We left the EU with something like £1.8 trillion of debt and the pandemic added a whole extra amount of debt to those.

I cannot believe anyone would be as stupid to state that joining the EU was in some way better for the UK financially. The UK sent huge oil income to the EU for its contributions and then started selling assets to pay its contributions and at then after than starting borrowing because of the financial shortfall and that is where we are today with every person in this country having to pay thousands per year just to service the interest on our debts.

We have to return to a trading surplus and we can't do that while linked to the EU and have to start paying off our crippling debts. Even if we start paying back our debts today and return to a trade surplus these debts will probably take 50 years to clear and be a huge hardship for the people of this country such is the legacy of joining the EU.

Reactions: vidtek

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That makes zero sense even for you. We made huge contributions to the EU and ended up with a huge trade deficit with the EU and much of industry destroyed as we couldn't compete in Europe with the high value of sterling. Then we had to pay more for goods from outside Europe because of EU tariffs and that is before you even start analysing EU legislation which was hugely damaging to this country. This is all documented at the Office of National Statistics and non debatable surely.

Manufacturing industry is gone, a huge number of companies are now foreign owned and we have incredible debts. We left the EU with something like £1.8 trillion of debt and the pandemic added a whole extra amount of debt to those.

I cannot believe anyone would be as stupid to state that joining the EU was in some way better for the UK financially. The UK sent huge oil income to the EU for its contributions and then started selling assets to pay its contributions and at then after than starting borrowing because of the financial shortfall and that is where we are today with every person in this country having to pay thousands per year just to service the interest on our debts.

We have to return to a trading surplus and we can't do that while linked to the EU and have to start paying off our crippling debts. Even if we start paying back our debts today and return to a trade surplus these debts will probably take 50 years to clear and be a huge hardship for the people of this country such is the legacy of joining the EU.

Nonsense.

We were already bankrupt and our industries collapsing long before joining the EU, that is why the IMF took over the running of our economy through the 1970s. I know all this because I was out at work from 1950 and watched it all happening at first hand as we failed to compete in the world with our inadequate products.

You don't know, so with your anti EU phobia you place all the blame for our failings on the EU. How are they to blame for our continuing failures since we've left? Such as our failure to get the trade agreements that the leavers promised.

And if the EU is so bad, how come all the other members economies are so far ahead of ours now? How come Germany, Sweden, Denmark, the Netherlands, France and Italy as EU members subject to the same rules do so well? How come even the French workers with their much shorter working week are 20% more productive than the British?

The answers are all there, we don't have enough British mass production products that the world wants, so we make other countries products and their profits for them. Our productivity is so poor our own goods are too expensive. Our few designs too often lag far behind current standards. And as the PM remarked, 25% of all Britons of working age are not employed though not shown as unemployed. How can we succeed if a quarter of the country's workers aren't even working or wanting to work?

The continuous stream of our failures from WW2 to date are all entirely ours and nothing to do with being an EU member, as all the successful EU members prove beyond any possible doubt.

• Agree
Reactions: flash and Az.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
And as the PM remarked, 25% of all Britons of working age are not employed though not shown as unemployed.
do you have any solution?