Help! Pas in reverse

Kneebiker

Pedelecer
Mar 8, 2021
Just to update you all, the 8 magnet sensor has solved all issues and bike works a dream. It is a conversion I did for mate with very limited funds. I had the motor wheel to donate and the battery I charged mates rates (and then some) for (it's 21ah of mj1 cella, used on 500w bbs02 but still got tons of life left , especially for a 250w build. Bought a kt controller and lcd from China, pas from amazon. All soldering, connectors and sundries in stock.

Had to cram the contoller and excess wiring into an old saddle bag. The frame is tiny (so is my friend!) So no room for a triangle bag which is my go to for these things . No throttle as he didn't want one.

Everything good except the speedo which is way off ATM.i need to play with some settings

Thanks for your help on this

Reactions: sjpt

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Just to update you all, the 8 magnet sensor has solved all issues and bike works a dream. It is a conversion I did for mate with very limited funds. I had the motor wheel to donate and the battery I charged mates rates (and then some) for (it's 21ah of mj1 cella, used on 500w bbs02 but still got tons of life left , especially for a 250w build. Bought a kt controller and lcd from China, pas from amazon. All soldering, connectors and sundries in stock.

Had to cram the contoller and excess wiring into an old saddle bag. The frame is tiny (so is my friend!) So no room for a triangle bag which is my go to for these things . No throttle as he didn't want one.

Everything good except the speedo which is way off ATM.i need to play with some settings

Thanks for your help on this
Those 12 magnet pedal sensors are always giving problems. They're an unnecessary complication. They can work, but there's always a lot of ifs and buts.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Which Bafang hub and geraing ratio ?
Use P1 84 initially to see if that is close.

Pleased to hear all is working ok now, the 8 or 10 poles counts are so much better then the 12 counts ones. My first Kt conversion many years ago came with a 12 pole and though it worked it was a bit inconsistant, when I changed to a bz10 it was a different ball game.