pedelec Ebike Faulty

Qjamriani

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 22, 2017
Deutschland
Hello.I have a Pedelec Ebike and since few months the bike has started making problems like the motor takes too much load and starts making sound and stops functioning and the LCD display shuts off and disconnects electric current. Sometimes the motor doesnot starts at all even the LCD display stays on but sometimes when i choose the low speed selection in the LCD display then the motor starts more often but after selecting medium speed selection while moving the motor shuts off again and when the battery is freshly charged then it works perfect but after a day or two of battery usage the motor again makes the problem mentioned above even the battery is almost fully charged.Please guide me,Thanks

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
  • Informative
Reactions: Swinman and D8ve

Qjamriani

Mar 22, 2017
Deutschland
kit1.jpg kitt3.jpg Hello Nealth. Thanks for reminding me as i had forgotten to mention sorry for that well my bicycle consists of chinese motor and controller etc and installed locally as its not a ready made electronic bicycle. My bicycle is 28 size with ” 36V 250W E-Bike Conversion Kit. View attachment 183 . Its a front wheel Brushless Hub Motor and ( PAS ) Pedal Assistant Sensor without Throttle connected.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 4366

What battery are you using and how heavy are you?

In the meantime, check the motor connectors. Pull the three green ones apart. crimp the barrels down a bit, and re-insert the bullets, making sure that they go all the way in.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Although it sounds like multiple issues occurring, it is probably only one fault that is causing the problem so you may have to go through a fault finding process and then test/ride your bike to see if each action works.
The first port of call is to carefully check all wiring connectors make sure each one is connected to iits wire firmly and there are no loose wire/solder/crimp joints.

The first place to start is the wiring checking and testing after each action.
Inspect the 8/9 pin motor plug connector disconnect the joint near the hub motor, and reconnect it. Align the arrow on each part of the connector and push it together until you hear or feel it click in to place, also there is a slight raised stop line on the hub motor connector.

Check the controller connections and make sure the 3 motor phase wires are pushed firmly in to place and fit tightly, also the same with 5 or 6 thin hall sensing wires.

If that fails have a look at the battery supply wires and again make sure they are connected firmly.

If any of these actions do not remedy the situation then the fault lies within one of the component parts.

The 250w is a small 120mm hub so the controller will only be about 14/15a max unless it is faulty it shouldn't draw more amps then it can supply.
Another option is if the kit was professionally fitted take the bike back to the vendor who fitted the kit and let them deal with it as surely there should be some warranty.

Qjamriani

Mar 22, 2017
Deutschland
Hello Nealth . I checked all the wirings and clips and connectors all are tight and fastened even i checked the wires connected with battery and all the wires are fastened to the clips and the connectors and clips go into each other fixed and i had already removed the connector 8 or 9 pin clip cable twice near the motor hub and connected back and even removed the battery connection cables and connected back thinking may be the controller will reset but no progress. Each connector is connected correctly to its wire and there is no loose connection i have checked the battery connection wire also and each every wire is in order and i have bought a 250 watts and 36 volts wnew battery and even had a new led display also . Actually i bought this bicycle already used and it wasnot new and the prevoius owner had bought the kit from ebay and had self installed as he was a bike technician and he lives about 200 kilometers far away from me and it doesnot have a warranty and i dont have any such bicycle shop near me who can work on this kit and the kit was before installed on a very heavy alumunium bicycle and later on i shifted the kit from this heavy bicycle to a light weight bicycle and it was working fine with the heavy bicycle ad i could go for 50 kilometers but later on it started making problems like shutting down before the battery is empty and i bought a new battery but still the same problem and the problem increases day by day .Before the same 250 watts hub was having the same controller and working perfectly and i think so i have to buy a new controller

Attachments

Qjamriani

Mar 22, 2017
Deutschland
Before i had the Throttle connected but the Throttle was not working so i removed it so is it because of the Throttle as it was connected before so if i connect it back may be it will be in order but the Motor hub was having the same problem even when i had the Throttle connected and when iam moving the bicycle backwards it needs more power to move it backwards it like tho Motor Hub is jammed but after 20 seconds of reversing the motor is like free and moves easily backwards

Last edited:

Qjamriani

Mar 22, 2017
Deutschland
d8veh .Iam using a 250 watts and 36 v battery and i have checked for all the loose connections and clips and barrels etc and my bicycle is very light in weight

D

Deleted member 4366

If the motor jams when you push it backwards, that indicates a short-circuit between one or more motor phase wires. Check the motor wire very carefully where it comes out of the axle to see if there's some damage.

You still didn't say how much you weigh.