Pedelecs reported as an attack site

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Someone has reported this as an attack site to Google and I suddenly had access blocked and had to cancel attack blocking in my browser.

Anyone else had this, I'm using Firefox?

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
YES.. a few time over last week. I can go on to main site but when I hit forums up comes a site saying there is a problem etc and boxes appear and I cant get out of it. I shut down and restart. not happened in last 2 days though.....

I use explorer for this site. running malewarebytes now:(

edit: i opened up a new window, put pedelec in google and up came the advertising site again. Kasparsky has blocked it as it is a Feshing? site....:confused:

Last edited:

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Can't help, I'm afraid Flecc. I normally use Safari but on seeing your post, I logged out and changed to Firefox. It logged me in with no fuss so I don't know what's going on.

Indalo

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Just happened to me. I trust this site so ignored it :p

I use Firefox. Like others the home page is fine just when I try and enter the forums here :confused:

Regards

Jerry

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Oh oh! Further to my last, as soon as I sent that last post, up came the warning you mentioned. I tried logging out and back in again but got that message again.

Changed back to Safari and it worked fine.

??Indalo??

C

Cyclezee

Same here Indy,

Google reported malware on the forum when using Google Chrome on my Mac, but Safari OK???

Last edited by a moderator:

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
It'll be a dodgy url someone has in their sig or on a post. Nothing to worry about (unless you click on that url ofc :)

Happens with a lot of forums.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
WE ARE UNDER AN INTER WEB CYBIL ATTACK! :confused: :p

Last edited:

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
It needs an IT detective type to clean the offending script but I doubt very much whether anyone's computer will suffer as a result.

Indalo

10mph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2010
England
I have just had the same google warning. I am using Firefox. I have also experienced forum pages not downloading fully over the last two or three days. You get the top of the page only and have to refresh to get the full page.

Sounds like the forum server or software could be on the blink.

bweebar

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 3, 2010
Cwmbran
I get this diagnostic report:

Pedelec Trojan.jpg

Running Win7, Firefox 10.0.2, Microsoft Security Essentials, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Adblock Plus

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
sorry but could you explain what it says as I cant read that......

malewarebytes found nufink

bweebar

Jul 3, 2010
Cwmbran
Cut and pasted (none of my installed software found any nasties, this is the Google block page report):

------
What is the current listing status for Electric Bicycles

This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 219 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 3 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-02-23, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-02-22.

Malicious software includes 2 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 2 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including niceday-tod.info/, master-abroads.info/.

4 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including lzjl.com/, url123.info/, leascompare.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS8560 (SCHLUND).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, Electric Bicycles did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

danfoto

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 2, 2010
Sarfeast England
No problems here with Firefox 10.0.02 and Avast

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Safari is warning me so posting this from a Linux VM using Firefox....not sure what the issue is...

bweebar

Jul 3, 2010
Cwmbran
Safari is warning me so posting this from a Linux VM using Firefox....not sure what the issue is...
It's probably just that some dodgy adverts have been put into rotation, nothing to worry about as long as your browser and anti-malware programs are up to date. Though this site's admin will be busy with the advertisers and Google tomorrow morning.