Pedelecs reported as an attack site

karl101

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2011
One of the adverts or links on the site may be causing this rather than it being the site itself. Just be careful clicking on links that take you off site for a few days.

Karl

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

Now getting Malware message with Safari on the Mac so I switched to Opera and all seems to fine?

bazwaldo

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2010
Well I have just got the crazed warning this morning.
I am using the latest Firefox from Linux Mint 12.
After the initial shock I just thought I trust the Pedelecs website and selected the ignore warning options.
Barry.

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi Just Had Attack warning I am using A Mac never seen this warning before

3 days ago just updated fire fox maybe that is the problem

Frank

C

Cyclezee

I still get the warning on my Mac when using Google and Safari, but not with Opera:confused:

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
Someone has reported this as an attack site to Google and I suddenly had access blocked and had to cancel attack blocking in my browser.

Anyone else had this, I'm using Firefox?
I experienced the same problem today after Alan alerted me to it... I'm using Firefox.. I'm running Linux so don't fear such warnings as malware and trojans/viruses have no effect on Linux. I was able to view the forum OK once I ignored the warning so figured it must be a false alert..

I wonder why someone reported it :-/

Synthman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2010
Oxford
Been reading dozens of topics just now. As I got to page 3 of the 'Bothered?' topic AVG picked up two threats and blocked access.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
still happening, just came on site again and Kaparsky prevented something downloading to my PC

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Hi folks,

We're doing some scans at the moment. The site might go down for a bit for reboots etc.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Everything seems to be back to normal, did anyone find out the actual problem?

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Be careful-metropolitan police virus

I got a virus from the pedelec site,known as the metropolitan police virus-it locks your computer at log on. Am trying to clear it now-on another laptop at moment.
It seemed to happen as soon as I clicked on my own posting about shouldn' E4 be targeted at customers but that may be coincidence.
Dave
KudosCycles

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Working now for me....