Post 3000

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
One year ago this month Russ asked me to join his new Pedelecs forum and I subsequently became the first active member and made the first posting.

My 1000th post passed without me noticing, and I wouldn't have noticed my 2000th post if Coops (Stuart) hadn't pointed it out to me.

So I thought that as we were within a few days of the site's first anniversary, I'd notice this time and celebrate this, my 3000th posting, by noting it in this separate thread.

In the early days I was answering everything, but with time the site has gained an impressive number of members with all manner of general and specific knowledge, ensuring that almost every inquirer receives prompt and very complete answers. In that respect it's one of the best forums on the internet, thanks to everyone's efforts. Long may that continue, and my thanks to all those active members. :)

Last edited:

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Congrats on so many postings...maybe we should rename the forum "PedeFlecc UK" :D:D

I hadn't even realised that the forum is a year old, my how time flies! I think we've all done tremendously well over the past 12 months. Hopefully the site will continue to grow and prosper - who knows where will be this time next year (i'll leave the millionaire's quote to Del and Rodney ;-) )

jac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2007
hi congratulations your are always extrmely helpful to the various people who send in there questions long may it continue
jim

cocoabeans

Pedelecer
Mar 17, 2007
Congratulations Flecc, that's an amazing number of posts! You have been an enormous help and inspiration to me and evidently to many other users of this forum.

I agree that this is one of the best forums around - the opportunity to get a quick reply and engage in conversation with fellow electric cyclers is fantastic :) . Thank you to everyone for keeping it such an active forum.

Apologies for my silence over the past few months. I have had a very frustrating time after my previous battery and charger were smoke damaged in our house fire, and the shortage of NiMH batteries meant I had a very long wait for a new one!

I look forward to the next 3000 posts - hooray for Flecc :D .

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks for your kind comments, Cocoabeans, Jac and Russ, much appreciated.

I'm sorry to hear you suffered a house fire Cocoabeans, and I hope that you've managed to return everything to normal now, with your Quando still working well.

I've just made another celebration of today on a rubbish run. Coming back from the tip with the Q bike towing the big trailer on a long gentle 5% slope, for the first time topped 30 mph towing. :eek:

No drama, very smooth and completely stable, no different from being in the car.

hobo1

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2007
Bingley, West Yorkshire.
Congratulations Russ, Richard & Flecc. I have derived much knowledge & pleasure from the web site, & long may it continue.

Would it be possible Russ to have some form of mechandising: maybe sweatshirts with the Pedelecs emblem on,:cool: If not now but sometime in the future.

Cheers, David.

Last edited:

Ian

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2007
Leicester LE4, UK.
Congratulations Flecc, the achievement is even more remarkable when one considers the number of words written, perhaps as many as 200,000, and the million or so keystrokes to type those words.

Would it be possible Russ to have some form of mechandising: maybe sweatshirts with the Pedelecs emblem on,:cool:
With permission from the copyright holder you could get your own shirts done at a local copy shop.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You should see my keyboard Ian!

The E and A are just blank, the letters worn off, and S and O are almost gone, with others looking a bit faded.

And the sad thing is that after all those keystrokes, I still can't type. :(

I use the "zone approximation" typing method, just lash out in the general direction of where I last remembered seeing the letter, trying to hit at least two keys at once to maximise the chances of getting the one I want, then get rid of the surplus letters afterwards. :D

Last edited:

Ian

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2007
Leicester LE4, UK.
That sounds rather like my typing technique Flecc, I usually spend longer correcting mistakes than I did typing the message in the first place.

My spelling has improved though, apart from the advantage of spell checkers it's now impossible to disguise bad spelling with bad handwriting.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I usually spend longer correcting mistakes than I did typing the message in the first place.
Snap! That's exactly what happens to me, lightning type and fumbling corrections.

I'm ok with spelling though, coming from a pre-TV book reading age when bad spelling could and did earn a beating at school, so I've never needed spell checking. I always turn off spell checkers where possible as they irritate me.

Last edited:

Ian

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2007
Leicester LE4, UK.
When I was at school there were no beatings for bad spelling but girls were taught basic typing along with cooking and other then girlie things. It was never envisaged that boys would ever need to type or cook so we did enjoyable macho things in the metalwork shop instead. How wrong they were!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, the pre 1980 world had no concept of what the PC would do to everyone's lives.

That other form of PC is also responsible for many of the changes too!

gkilner

Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2007
West Yorkshire
I'd just like to say congratulations, I don't think I would have ever bought an electric bike without the advise on this forum.

A few weeks ago, I must have sat for over 4 hours just reading old posts!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks gkilner. :)

It seems many who visit the site do just that, spend hours on old postings before taking the plunge and joining.

There's no doubt that Russ answered a very real need in the UK e-biking world with this site, and it's surprising that it hadn't been done before, given there were quite a few enthusiasts from around year 2001 onwards.