Aug 17, 2006

Reviewer: Whispering Al

Purchased From: The Electric Transport Shop

Purchase Price: £490

Time Owned: 4 Weeks

Local Terrain: Some Minor Hills

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Strengths:
Looks and rides like a normal bike. Comes with mudguards, rack and stand so can be used for commuting out of the box. Very little to do when it arrived - insert handlebars, fix pedals and charge the battery. Price is pretty reasonable considering the spec and the competition.

Weaknesses:
Heavier than a normal bike (though not by some electric bike standards). The battery charge indicator is very difficult to see when riding. The mode switch has three positions but two are actually the same. There are some minor finish issues - a rough edge to the mode switch for example.

Summary:
Overall I think the bike is a good compromise and suits my needs (a short commute to the train station) very well. It is useable straight out of the box and looks pretty much like a standard bike. The price is pretty good too.

Overall Rating (out of 10) : 8

RichardB

Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2006
Submitted by Hilary Gowen

Model: Powacycle Salisbury

Retailer: Powacycle

Purchase Price: £600

TimeOwned: 7 months

Terrain: Moderate Hills

Strengths: Cheap and cheerful; drives well - pedelec and throttle; gearing OK for moderate hills; solid build, comes with mudguards and rear rack

Weaknesses: Not much to complain about. Faulty charger was promptly replaced. Throttle sometimes fails after rain (although pedelec OK). Handlebar on/off switch quirky.
Brakes have needed some attention.

Summary: Good buy - bought the wife a Windsor (as she couldn't keep up on her non-electric bike).

Overall Rating: 8

joanna

Pedelecer
Dec 2, 2008
Powacycle sailsbury

Retailer: Bought second hand

Purchase Price: £350

TimeOwned: 3 months

Terrain: Moderate Hills

Strengths: looks good, feels like my old mountain bike, good solid construction, seems to work well, fairly cheap purchase, comes with pannier rack, stand, decent saddle. Had very little to do to it, and no real problems so far.

Weaknesses: The charger was faulty, but this was fixed, with good after sales service, and a tranfered warranty. Sometimes the brakes stick, and to get the power back you need to nudge them into original position. My husband (6') thinks the handle bar could go up a bit further, it is fine for me (5'4"). Does feel quite heavy, but it also feels very solid and reliable. Did remove some of the stickers as they were a bit bright for me!

Summary: An excellent bike for the money. has been cycled quite a bit, but never more than about 15 miles at a time, copes well with this. Quite comfortable! I would recomend for this price.

Overall Rating: 8