Prices of the electricity we use to charge

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i just rang the councal again and they said our pre fab home built in the 50s and on the 1984 housing defect act has a energy rating of c and it was carried out on sep 2015, this did not happen.

guy bought his house over the road and when he had his done only got a d so wtf there on idk but i got some one to get it tested now buy a 3rd party company 75 squid.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20240507_212536[1].jpg

this house has been underpinned fully bricked up new gas boiler windows and loft insulation ect.
20240507_212552[1].jpg

that's my fkn house :oops:
20240507_214716[1].jpg

and the worst 3 up my road are 3 that are a e rating and there fkn bricked up.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i have paid for my own epc report because it is all bs the council surveyor has rang me and said what i have done cos going in to melt down mode and k is doing his head in :eek:

oh well :p

and i got one of the top guys to come out of there corporate s hole that is the heating adviser for the council about these solar panels and inverters that have not been cleaned serviced or bothered with in now 10 years! bar mine because none of them have a fkn clue.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16246

I'd love to see a 2.5C temperature rise.

Most people don't know that the mean annual temperature for the UK is 9.2 degrees c. It is about 2 degrees less than that in the north where I live.

The planetary mean annual temperature is 15C. It has risen a touch over one degree since the 19th Century.

I have no doubt that the temperature is rising and that the principle cause is that we have added about 2.5 trillion tonnes of carbon dioxide to the atmosphere.

However, I think that while we ought to reduce emissions, and mine are VERY much below the UK average because I try to do that in a serious way, I deny that the changes are a catastrophe. The constant hyperbolic predictions spaffed all over the media by humanities graduate journos and other ill-qualified people do not help convince people to do as I do and reduce their output. Too much 'The Sky is falling on our heads' (Chicken Licken story) just encourages people to ignore the warnings.

The REAL problem for planet Earth is that our species is reproducing out of control. The growth of population despoils everything about the environment. Some parts of the planet have human populations that double every twenty years. Virtually NOBODY is talking about that.

I remember reading about population growth in 1975 and discovering that the human population was 3.5 Bn. Now, 48 years later it is just under 8 Bn

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'd love to see a 2.5C temperature rise.

I remember reading about population growth in 1975 and discovering that the human population was 3.5 Bn. Now, 48 years later it is just under 8 Bn
Me too.

The population when I was born was 2 billion, now quadrupled and increasingly out of control.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
However, I think that while we ought to reduce emissions, and mine are VERY much below the UK average because I try to do that in a serious way, I deny that the changes are a catastrophe.
it's catastrophic for those who live near the equator. They experience everyday temperatures exceeding 35C. Imagine you work in a field at those temperatures.

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
However, I think that while we ought to reduce emissions, and mine are VERY much below the UK average because I try to do that in a serious way, I deny that the changes are a catastrophe. The constant hyperbolic predictions spaffed all over the media by humanities graduate journos and other ill-qualified people do not help convince people to do as I do and reduce their output. Too much 'The Sky is falling on our heads' (Chicken Licken story) just encourages people to ignore the warnings.
The observed and projected impacts, risks and vulnerabilities are laid out by experts in their fields

There seems very much a consensus around this, I can't think of any serious researchers into this area that would dispute the IPCC technical report :

These are quite a good starter

eg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16246

Those are also the places where population doubles every twenty five years.

In 1983, Micheal Buerk shocked us all by revealing a Biblical style famine in Ethiopia. It was truly awful and in that sub-Saharan no man's land it was obvious that the population was too large to be supported by the environment. The Population of Ethiopia then was 38.14 million. In 1900 it had been 8 million - probably a far more sustainable number considering the environment they lived in.

In 2020 the population had risen to 115 million.

I don't think the climate is the disaster there.

Nigeria has the same problem.

Reactions: flecc
D

Deleted member 16246

My co2 emissions amount to 4 tonnes excluding food. The figure I quote involves transport and home heating. The average UK emission is about 6 tonnes.

In the USA, the average is 16 tonnes.

I don't know why we Brits beat ourselves up so much about this. I have consciously avoided emissions. I have not flown in a plane since 2009. My green voting, green prating brother in law has spent the entire time I have known him (fifty years) raving about emissions and environment and tutting about people's cars. He drove an old Volvo for decades getting about 20 to the gallon when I was getting 60 in my old diesel. He flies to New Zealand with my sister EVERY year to see his daughter, and is presently in Turkey, living it large.

His carbon emissions on that flight are more than my annual emissions (6.8 metric tonnes).

He messes about on an allotment growing some scabby lettuce and he sends a few quid to some tree planting scam as a salve for his conscience. He is a hypocrite and a fool.

I think most people in the UK have tried to reduce any wasteful emission of co2.

The UK is THE world leader in reducing emissions. Since 1990 we have halved them.

Last edited:

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
My co2 emissions amount to 4 tonnes excluding food. The figure I quote involves transport and home heating. The average UK emission is about 6 tonnes.

In the USA, the average is 16 tonnes.

I don't know why we Brits beat ourselves up so much about this. I have consciously avoided emissions. I have not flown in a plane since 2009. My green voting, green prating brother in law has spent the entire time I have known him (fifty years) raving about emissions and environment and tutting about people's cars. He drove an old Volvo for decades getting about 20 to the gallon when I was getting 60 in my old diesel. He flies to New Zealand with my sister EVERY year to see his daughter, and is presently in Turkey, living it large.

His carbon emissions on that flight are more than my annual emissions (6.8 metric tonnes).

He messes about on an allotment growing some scabby lettuce and he sends a few quid to some tree planting scam as a salve for his conscience. He is a hypocrite and a fool.

I think most people in the UK have tried to reduce any wasteful emission of co2.

The UK is THE world leader in reducing emissions. Since 1990 we have halved them.

Production emissions does not account for emissions embedded in global trade - China produces emissions for a lot of stuff consumed here (and lots of other countries)

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
You need to understand what it means. They're talking about 2.5 deg since pre-industrial levels, without saying exactly how far back they're comparing it with; however, uou have nothing to worry about because the very reliable Milankovich cycles predicted a substantial temperature during that period, and it has now peaked. The only problem is that shortly after every peak, there has been a major earch-changing volcanic event, so look out for that.

You'll note that recent charts show a steep upward line above the Milancovich predictions in recent years. That's due to the method of measurement. 50 and 100 years ago, the thermometers were in rural areas, but now they have a lot of concrete around them. There's also measurement by satellite now, but there's nothing to compare previous results with. They try to show a huge increase in a short space of time, but common sense tells you that it's BS, when you can see that the temperature is the same as when you were a kid.

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
You need to understand what it means. They're talking about 2.5 deg since pre-industrial levels, without saying exactly how far back they're comparing it with; however, uou have nothing to worry about because the very reliable Milankovich cycles predicted a substantial temperature during that period, and it has now peaked. The only problem is that shortly after every peak, there has been a major earch-changing volcanic event, so look out for that.

You'll note that recent charts show a steep upward line above the Milancovich predictions in recent years. That's due to the method of measurement. 50 and 100 years ago, the thermometers were in rural areas, but now they have a lot of concrete around them. There's also measurement by satellite now, but there's nothing to compare previous results with. They try to show a huge increase in a short space of time, but common sense tells you that it's BS, when you can see that the temperature is the same as when you were a kid.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I'm net zero. I've exported about 1800kwh to the grid in the last 12 months. I do about 3000 miles a year by diesel and petrol, which would cancel out about 1000kw/h, which leaves 800kwh, and I have loads of plants and trees in the garden that convert the CO2 I breathe out back into oxygen and other stuff.

All these people bleating about climate change are still driving around in their cars and flying around to foreign holidays and other things. That's how you know it's a scam. If they knew it to be true, they'd be the first to change.

Reactions: Tony1951

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Who funds NASA?

Do you remember the experts that wrote a paper saying that the Covid 19 virus was natural?

Do you remember all the CIA and FBI experts that signed a letter saying the Hunter Biden laptop was Russian disinformation?

The only difference between conspiracy theories and the truth is time.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Who funds NASA?

Do you remember the experts that wrote a paper saying that the Covid 19 virus was natural?

Do you remember all the CIA and FBI experts that signed a letter saying the Hunter Biden laptop was Russian disinformation?

The only difference between conspiracy theories and the truth is time.
HB claims that his laptop was doctored. We'll have to wait for testimonies in court. That's the only way to sort out the lies and spins.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
HB claims that his laptop was doctored. We'll have to wait for testimonies in court. That's the only way to sort out the lies and spins.
What else can he say? Have you seen what's on it? It was offered for examination to all the mainstream press in 2020 before the letter was written. None of them attended to even look at it. If it had been doctored, they could have exposed that at the time. Anyway, other recipients of the emails have testified that they're legit.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
What else can he say? Have you seen what's on it? It was offered for examination to all the mainstream press in 2020 before the letter was written. None of them attended to even look at it. If it had been doctored, they could have exposed that at the time. Anyway, other recipients of the emails have testified that they're legit.
It's not difficult to add extra emails into outlook datafile then re- encrypt the file.