Pro-Connect ordered?

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
EUPHORIA - I have just received a phone call from Tim at 50 Cycles to say that my 57cm Pro Connect has arrived and will be despatched today. After all these months of discussing them in theory, I will actually get to ride one.

Chris
Great news Chris.. Very pleased for you.. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.:)
bw
musicbooks

timelordUK

Pedelecer
May 21, 2008
This is brilliant news as I am also waiting for the 57cm Pro-Connect - couldn't come at a better time with deisel hitting £1.44 p/l in my area !!! :)

haven't had my phone call yet though ......... :rolleyes:

rustyrocker

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 6, 2008
Just got home from work, and had a message on answerphone to say my 57cm pro connect has been dispatched for delivery tomorrow.

Cant wait.

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee:D

Mick

timelordUK

Pedelecer
May 21, 2008
Still no phone call for me :(

can those who have had their phone call please let me know when they ordered their bikes so I can figure out where I am in the queue.

i ordered mine end of March...so I guess i am in the middle somewhere.....

rustyrocker

May 6, 2008
Still no phone call for me :(

can those who have had their phone call please let me know when they ordered their bikes so I can figure out where I am in the queue.

i ordered mine end of March...so I guess i am in the middle somewhere.....
February 12th timelordUK.

Sorry for my previous post sounding so euphoric, as it seems that for those of you that have not received "the phone call" yet, you may have to wait for the next shipment.:eek: but lets hope not.

Mick

timelordUK

Pedelecer
May 21, 2008
My bike is definately in this shipment.... I guess they have a lot fo calls to make today... will phone tomorrow ro find out...

timelordUK

Pedelecer
May 21, 2008
Have you heard that they have run out... they better not have done, as i was assured that my order had been placed with the first shipment and that there were PLENTY to go round.

Incidentally.... has anyone got their "phone call" who ordered after March ??

Last edited:

SimonHutt

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2007
Cheshire, WA4
I drove to Loughborough to visit 50 Cycles yesterday. I tried out my Gents Agattu 53cm (wasn't sure it was the right frame size for me) there before bringing it home with me. Happy days - I'll soon forget the long weeks of waiting!

The guys there seem to be working very hard to get people's orders out, and they did appear to have a lot of stock in their unit now. Perhaps soon these delays will be just one of those stories told around the campfire to scare the youngsters ;)

Simon

rustyrocker

May 6, 2008
YIPEEEE !!!

Bike processed today.... leaving tomorrow... so I'll be getting it tomorrow or Thursday... :D
Im delighted for you timelordUK. Ive just assembled mine, the batterys on charge, and now Im setting about the owners manual in case Ive missed something.
It looks STUNNING! Well worth the wait (I think):D

Larkspur

Pedelecer
Feb 19, 2008
S.W. Herts
Well, the 57 cm Pro Connect arrived today. Unfortunately, however, no keys arrived with it!! Phoned 50 Cycles. A process then ensued of trying to determine if the keys had fallen off the bike in the van that delivered it - but they hadn't. So where the keys are is anyone's guess. Given that they are supposed to be securely tied to the handlebars with a zipped tie, my bet is that they are still at Derby Cycles in Germany.

I was not too happy with 50 Cycles original suggestion that they send me the one and only spare key (which is hard to get copied apparently). However they have now agreed to send me the key and get me a replacement battery lock, together with a full set of keys - quite happy with that.

Bike looks great and has been ridden, unpowered, round the block. Very impressed with how easy it was to ride unpowered - Hopefully key will arrive tomorrow and I will be able to charge the battery.

Not the start I had hoped for - but at least I've finally got it. Also pleased that the size is absolutely perfect for me - I had a slight concern that it might be too big.

Last edited:

hivez

May 19, 2008
Bridgend South Wales
Battery Key

Hi Larkspur you don't need a key to open a Kalkhoff battery for charging. That lock is no more than a retainer. I stuck my small keyring type swiss army knife blade in it to see how good the protection was it just turned and the battery came out hope this helps

Dave

Larkspur

Pedelecer
Feb 19, 2008
S.W. Herts
Hi Larkspur you don't need a key to open a Kalkhoff battery for charging. That lock is no more than a retainer. I stuck my small keyring type swiss army knife blade in it to see how good the protection was it just turned and the battery came out hope this helps

Dave
That is useful information - thanks Dave. You have made me feel a bit more secue about only having the one key. However, in light of what you say, I hope the average thief doesn't know how much the batteries are worth!!

Chris

WALKERMAN

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2008
Lucky people

Not many posts these days - everyone must be out on their new bikes!
I wish I had mine.

poppy

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2008
Covas, Ferrol. La Coruña. Spain
I´m curious to know how many of you are waiting (and for how long) for a gents Pro C. that was in stock according to 50 C. when you placed the order. My case: Small gents. Never out of stock.
!0 minutes PRIOR to ordering I was told that I would have it in less than 2 weeks. In view of I ordered. Confirmation of payment 1hour later.
2 days AFTER this confirmation it was "busy with a backload of months, that I´m in queue, they´ll let me know date of shipment" I mailed them my disappointment and my feeling of having been fooled. No reply.
Sorry Flecc, I am aware that it may sound tiresome and pointless, but I do think that this issue of the KA. delays and misleading info deserves to continue being commented.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I´m curious to know how many of you are waiting (and for how long) for a gents Pro C. that was in stock according to 50 C. when you placed the order. My case: Small gents. Never out of stock.
!0 minutes PRIOR to ordering I was told that I would have it in less than 2 weeks. In view of I ordered. Confirmation of payment 1hour later.
2 days AFTER this confirmation it was "busy with a backload of months, that I´m in queue, they´ll let me know date of shipment" I mailed them my disappointment and my feeling of having been fooled. No reply.
Sorry Flecc, I am aware that it may sound tiresome and pointless, but I do think that this issue of the KA. delays and misleading info deserves to continue being commented.
I've no objection Poppy. The only objection I've raised on consumer complaints is where the same incident is repeatedly posted about. Yours is clearly a fresh experience.

We do have a special thread at the top of the page for consumer issues, so it would be best with any further on this to post in there.