Pro-Connect ordered?

WALKERMAN

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2008
Pro Conect Order

I´m curious to know how many of you are waiting (and for how long) for a gents Pro C. that was in stock according to 50 C. when you placed the order. My case: Small gents. Never out of stock.
!0 minutes PRIOR to ordering I was told that I would have it in less than 2 weeks. In view of I ordered. Confirmation of payment 1hour later.
2 days AFTER this confirmation it was "busy with a backload of months, that I´m in queue, they´ll let me know date of shipment" I mailed them my disappointment and my feeling of having been fooled. No reply.
Sorry Flecc, I am aware that it may sound tiresome and pointless, but I do think that this issue of the KA. delays and misleading info deserves to continue being commented.
I ordered my 53cm when they first appeared on the 50C website back in January.

I have a print out of the page which states 'Order now for delivery in February'.

I believe I was the first to order a Gents Pro Connect but I never thought I would be kept waiting this long as I always thought the Germans were very efficient at everything they do.

50C have had my £200 deposit for nearly seven months - they should give extra discount for the interest they have accrued!

I did get a phone call recently from them saying the bike was ready for despatch. However, I checked with them to make sure it was the correct order and it wasn't. They were about to send me an Agattu Gents Large Frame!
I had initially ordered the Agattu, but when I saw the Pro Connect I contacted them and they changed the order. I have an email confirmation of this.

I have phoned them a few times over the months and was told just a couple of weeks ago that a big delivery was due in. They musn't know what is due to arrive at their warehouse as it now looks like that shipment musn't have had any 53cm bikes otherwise I would have had mine by now.

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
I ordered my 53cm when they first appeared on the 50C website back in January.

I have a print out of the page which states 'Order now for delivery in February'.

I believe I was the first to order a Gents Pro Connect but I never thought I would be kept waiting this long as I always thought the Germans were very efficient at everything they do.

50C have had my £200 deposit for nearly seven months - they should give extra discount for the interest they have accrued!

I did get a phone call recently from them saying the bike was ready for despatch. However, I checked with them to make sure it was the correct order and it wasn't. They were about to send me an Agattu Gents Large Frame!
I had initially ordered the Agattu, but when I saw the Pro Connect I contacted them and they changed the order. I have an email confirmation of this.

I have phoned them a few times over the months and was told just a couple of weeks ago that a big delivery was due in. They musn't know what is due to arrive at their warehouse as it now looks like that shipment musn't have had any 53cm bikes otherwise I would have had mine by now.
As you may well know I have been told both by 50cycles and Derby cycles in Germany about the 53cm Pro Connect.
All they kept saying is "its coming, the bikes are just around the corner, production starting soon", but they have continued to not deliver their promises or their bikes.
My feeling are with the current news that ebikes have now sold out in the EU, and that any orders may never come now until the end of the year.
Ive seen the news of "Ebikes sold out til september 2008" and that doesnt suprise me.
I think its the Panasonic units that have been in very short supply and not the bikes.
My advise is get the upper or lower size than you have ordered and adapt if you need the bike now, before they in turn run out. Or get an agattu (cheaper) and spend the money you have saved and adapt it (handlebars change).
If you've not in a hurry then wait, wait, wait.
Im really glad I got the 49cm Pro-Connect and as I say again, most people ride their bikes a bit on the small side.
Im here the endorse the smaller size and I do think Stokepa31 will endorse the slightly bigger size than required.
The 53cm is the norm and all and everyone will want it and I dont think Derby cycles and 50cycles can meet that need.

Bob

poppy

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2008
Covas, Ferrol. La Coruña. Spain
As you may well know I have been told both by 50cycles and Derby cycles in Germany about the 53cm Pro Connect.
All they kept saying is "its coming, the bikes are just around the corner, production starting soon", but they have continued to not deliver their promises or their bikes.
My feeling are with the current news that ebikes have now sold out in the EU, and that any orders may never come now until the end of the year.
Ive seen the news of "Ebikes sold out til september 2008" and that doesnt suprise me.
I think its the Panasonic units that have been in very short supply and not the bikes.
My advise is get the upper or lower size than you have ordered and adapt if you need the bike now, before they in turn run out. Or get an agattu (cheaper) and spend the money you have saved and adapt it (handlebars change).
If you've not in a hurry then wait, wait, wait.
Im really glad I got the 49cm Pro-Connect and as I say again, most people ride their bikes a bit on the small side.
Im here the endorse the smaller size and I do think Stokepa31 will endorse the slightly bigger size than required.
The 53cm is the norm and all and everyone will want it and I dont think Derby cycles and 50cycles can meet that need.

Bob
Do you know if people who ordered the small (49 cm) gents Pro C. -when in stock- are getting their bikes reasonable soon? I am one of those and, even though i just ordered, I am getting pretty alarmed by the general situation.
Regards.

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
Do you know if people who ordered the small (49 cm) gents Pro C. -when in stock- are getting their bikes reasonable soon? I am one of those and, even though i just ordered, I am getting pretty alarmed by the general situation.
Regards.
I dont know Poppy.
I just got fedup with waiting for my 53cm Pro Connect since february 2008, with no sight of a deliver any time in the next 6 months.
So I rang 50cycles and they had 49cm Pro-Connects in that morning, so I drove down and test rode one, bought it, put it in the back of the car and back home.

stokepa31_mk2

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 7, 2008
This thread suggested there were supply problems but nobody passed any comment. It will be interesting to see what transpires.

I can say im happy having gone up a size but as the 57 is not in stock either, this would not help you.

I thought 50c had received a shipment of 53s and 57s??. perhaps they still had you down incorrectly for the Agattu and sold your 53.

the_killjoy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 26, 2008
Poppy, did you ever get an explanation as to why the delivery date suddenly changed as soon as you had place your order ?

WALKERMAN

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2008
50Cycles

Hi Walkerman

Can you please contact us regarding your order or give us your real name so we can identify you on our system. scott@50cycles.com

The 53 and 57 are now assembled and will be with us this week and will be checked and dispatch as quickly as possible.

Regards

Scott
Scott
Phoned you from my work at 4.20pm and left my details on your answerphone.
Called again when I got home at 5.25pm but Orange answerphone message said your answerphone was FULL!
I will now send you an email.

poppy

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2008
Covas, Ferrol. La Coruña. Spain
Poppy, did you ever get an explanation as to why the delivery date suddenly changed as soon as you had place your order ?
Nope. What´s more, a few days before they urged me to order as they had 2 left. I naturally thought this info was a commercial gimmick.
I waited no more than 10 days and started the mails conducive to the purchase. In none of them did they even hint to backload orders or having to wait in line, and as you can see the Pro C. gents small size has never been out of stock in the last month. What resulted more annoying in this affair was that, at a given moment, I asked for the delivery date if I ordered right then. And for the second time they told me 2,3 days to dispatch and 4,5 days to deliver. So I ordered inmediately that same day. And now this!
I´ll be considerate and hold in my impatience. But I´m thinking of a reasonable deadline. I don´t want this to sound like a threat but if they can´t deliver by then I´ll cancel.
As somebody said it´s a great bike (pricey too) But there are splendid alternatives, which courtesy prevents me to mention.
Are you in a similar situation?
Sorry Flecc, but it seems that the only way to stop the tide would be for 50 C. to give some explanation. They have no reason to be afraid. All of us are men of the world....

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Sorry Flecc, but it seems that the only way to stop the tide would be for 50 C. to give some explanation. They have no reason to be afraid. All of us are men of the world....
None of my business Poppy, no call to apologise to me. :)

WALKERMAN

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2008
Pro Connect Order

hi

Our office phone diverts to my colleagues mobile after 5pm, I believe he was on his bike at the time and will call you back shortly.

I do recognise your order from the name given in the email and you are at the top of the pile when they arrive.

Thanks

Scott
They have called me back this evening and informed me that I am at the top of the list and will have my bike in 7 to 10 days.

Beanie101

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2008
Verbier, Switzerland
I´ll be considerate and hold in my impatience. But I´m thinking of a reasonable deadline. I don´t want this to sound like a threat but if they can´t deliver by then I´ll cancel.
I ordered a 53cm men's Pro Connect on 10th June on the basis of being told, in writing, that they would be in stock the following week. They weren't, so I cancelled on 21 June and asked for my deposit back. It is now 30 June and I'm still waiting for the credit...

On a happier note, I went completely bonkers and ordered a Flyer T14HS here in Switzerland. It's the one with the Rohloff hub and a top speed that requires a moped registration and a number plate. Even at twice the price of the Pro Connect, they are also on back order - delivery at the beginning of August. It's probably a shortage of Panasonic motors, which seems to be a common component to all the bikes in short supply across Europe.

I'll post a review when I've had it for a couple of weeks. In the meantime, I can hire an Urbanmover UM36 from just down the road and a Flyer C9 from various railway stations.

WALKERMAN

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2008
Pro Connect Order

When did you place the order? Was the bike in stock when you ordered?
Regards, Poppy.
As I mentioned in an earlier post I ordered as soon as I saw it on their website. I had initially ordered an Agattu but changed it shortly afterwards. This all happened in January and their website stated 'Order now for delivery in February'. I didn't realize at the time that this might mean February 2009 or 10 :rolleyes: .......

robert44

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2008
BS23
Poppy,
why don't you email Scott at "scott@50cycles.com"? Possibly you missed it, but only yesterday he said he would reply to emails within minutes.
He could not be more fairer than that and you would know how your order is progressing.

WALKERMAN

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2008
Hi Walkerman

Can you please contact us regarding your order or give us your real name so we can identify you on our system. scott@50cycles.com

The 53 and 57 are now assembled and will be with us this week and will be checked and dispatch as quickly as possible.

Regards

Scott
Does anyone know if the 53cm Pro Connect Gents actually arrived?

WALKERMAN

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2008
Announcement

As I mentioned in an earlier post I ordered as soon as I saw it on their website. I had initially ordered an Agattu but changed it shortly afterwards. This all happened in January and their website stated 'Order now for delivery in February'. I didn't realize at the time that this might mean February 2009 or 10 :rolleyes: .......
WALKERMAN. Mr and Mrs. are pleased to announce the safe arrival of their first Kallkoff. Pro Connect on July 17, 2008. Weighing 20.4 Kgs. a big thank you to all concerned. Both doing well. No teething problems as yet.

Seriously though, it really does look and feel a great, quality bike. I used it for work on Friday and it is as good as the Lafree ST which I have been using for the last two years, except it is over 6 Kgs lighter at just 20.4 Kgs.

I will check my journey times over the coming week to see the differences.

The bike arrived on time but in a cardboard box which had been damaged and had holes in the corners and a loose pedal hanging half-way out. I've suggested to 50C that they should bag the pedals and attach them to the frame to avoid losing them in this way.
Surprisingly, we also found an additional set of keys in the bottom of the box and we have since established through 50C that they belong to another customer who is now awaiting patiently for their arrival in the post on Monday. We will of course expect 50C to reimburse the £4.60 special delivery postage.

stokepa31_mk2

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 7, 2008
Great news walkerman.

my pedals came attached to the frame with a cable tie so surprised at that. I hope your new bundle of joy brings you great happiness.