Pro-Connect ordered?

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

no your not insane, you have ordered what you think is the very best bike you can get,waiting 12 weeks doesnt mean you are not interlectual, more it means you are interlectual because you know its the best and will wait for it, no good feelings would come your way riding a bike that is less then you can afford just because the bike "you are meant to have" is not yet ready...anyone can have second best............i have spent 4 years buying the wrong lottery ticket but will keep buying till i get the right one....think how much less unhappy i would have felt if i had not bought all the wrong ones just because "my proper one" was not ready to come out of the machine.....:)
same as last week and the week befor..at the end of the day................................its night..:cool:

Thankyou Keith for your support and understanding.

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
Its week 21.
Pro-Connects are now 10 weeks past their estimated delivery week (week 11) and I carnt see them coming this week either!
Anyone heard anything today?
Anyone got their XS 45cm Pro-Connects yet?
Did anyone try a Pro-Connect at the weekend?

Last edited:

rafepurnell

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 20, 2008
Not good news I am afraid. Don't no if this is new news but I just heard my Pro Connect 57 HE (Dont know what the HE means. Maybe blokes bike) is scheduled to be manufactured week 21/22.

I rekon that means 3 weeks before I actually see it, possibly 4. 50cycles thinks it will be before that.

I am on my 2nd week of cycling to work and its just getting easier. Off to buy a better 2nd hand bike tonight. Fancy having an unpowered bike now I am getting into the swing of it. For those days when I have the energy.

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
Not good news I am afraid. Don't no if this is new news but I just heard my Pro Connect 57 HE (Dont know what the HE means. Maybe blokes bike) is scheduled to be manufactured week 21/22.

I rekon that means 3 weeks before I actually see it, possibly 4. 50cycles thinks it will be before that.

I am on my 2nd week of cycling to work and its just getting easier. Off to buy a better 2nd hand bike tonight. Fancy having an unpowered bike now I am getting into the swing of it. For those days when I have the energy.
Did you phone them?
Cus 50cycles have told all their waiting customers to stop calling them via email.

rafepurnell

Apr 20, 2008
online chat thingy was up just after 5 tonight and tim answered. Not been told not to contact them.

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
online chat thingy was up just after 5 tonight and tim answered. Not been told not to contact them.
Quite a few have though.
I suppose its the ones who keep phoning them.
And the one's who have been waiting weeks have kept phoning them.
I suppose we've all been put on some sort of (pests) Blacklist!

WALKERMAN

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2008
Pro Connect

Hi Bob, I was at 50c this morning to collect an Agattu, saw a couple of Pro-Connects. They look quite sporty and very smart I must say;)

John:)
Last year when I received the first details from 50Cycles about the Agattu I was impressed by the look of the bike and I thought the price was O.K.
I ordered one at the end of last year and expected it to be delivered within a few weeks. I was also told that the price was fixed as of when I paid the £200 deposit, which I did, so I didn't mind waiting a few extra weeks if necessary.

I waited, and waited, and.....

Then I saw the Pro Connect and thought, that is even better, but a bit pricey. However I decided to change my order and emailed them. They said that would be no problem,

and I waited, and waited, and.....

Last week my trusty high mileage Lafree ST began to grumble a bit from the front wheel bearing.
I thought its now 5 months that I have waited and the time had come to replace the Lafree with my new bike, so I contacted 50Cycles again and queried the delivery and was yet again told it would be soon.

I had already been told that I was first on the list for the Pro Connect!

Losing confidence in the Lafree on my 7 mile round trip to work each day I emailed 50Cycles again and told them I was desperate for my new bike and if they had an Agattu Crossbar in stock I would take it.
They had a large frame in stock, so I asked them to confirm the price and delivery.
To my disappointment the reply quoted the present price and not the price at time of deposit.
I sent an email back yesterday explaining the fixed price promise and now I am waiting, and waiting, and.....

It is now at the point where this is rapidly becoming a suitable X-File case for Mulder & Scully.

The truth is out there, somewhere.......

C

Cyclezee

Just to clarify something Walkerman, the 2 Pro Connects I saw at 50cycles were definitely used and probably demo models. One of them was almost certainly at Prestigne being ridden by Tom of 50c.
This is no consolation, but I'm sure there is no conspiracy not to supply.

John

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
Last year when I received the first details from 50Cycles about the Agattu I was impressed by the look of the bike and I thought the price was O.K.
I ordered one at the end of last year and expected it to be delivered within a few weeks. I was also told that the price was fixed as of when I paid the £200 deposit, which I did, so I didn't mind waiting a few extra weeks if necessary.

I waited, and waited, and.....

Then I saw the Pro Connect and thought, that is even better, but a bit pricey. However I decided to change my order and emailed them. They said that would be no problem,

and I waited, and waited, and.....

Last week my trusty high mileage Lafree ST began to grumble a bit from the front wheel bearing.
I thought its now 5 months that I have waited and the time had come to replace the Lafree with my new bike, so I contacted 50Cycles again and queried the delivery and was yet again told it would be soon.

I had already been told that I was first on the list for the Pro Connect!

Losing confidence in the Lafree on my 7 mile round trip to work each day I emailed 50Cycles again and told them I was desperate for my new bike and if they had an Agattu Crossbar in stock I would take it.
They had a large frame in stock, so I asked them to confirm the price and delivery.
To my disappointment the reply quoted the present price and not the price at time of deposit.
I sent an email back yesterday explaining the fixed price promise and now I am waiting, and waiting, and.....

It is now at the point where this is rapidly becoming a suitable X-File case for Mulder & Scully.

The truth is out there, somewhere.......
Did you ring or email? I wouldn't email, I would ring them up. I think it would be reasonable, as you have patiently (I should say uncomplainingly) waited 5 months, that the price should be set at the one agreed originally. I suspect this is more cock-up than conspiracy, so give them a ring and explain your case. I am sure they will make a decent profit with the Agattu even without the price rise.

Last edited:

timelordUK

Pedelecer
May 21, 2008
I ordered too...

I ordered my Pro-Connect (57cm) at the beginning of April... using the Cycle to Work Scheme to part fund the purchase....

I rather thought that the Cycle to Work voucher would take longer to arrive than the bike..... :mad:

Voucher arrived now and sent to 50cycles.. so they have all my money now... :eek:

Still... looking forward to cycling to work soon... esp with the increase in deisel (oh and the increase in my weight... :D )

btw I emailed Kalkhoff Direct, in rather broken German to try to find out more... but to no avail !!!

rafepurnell

Apr 20, 2008
The 57cm Pro Connect were scheduled for manfacture this week. Anyone heard anything? Last I chased was weds.

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
I've tried contacting Kalkhoff direct too. But no returns.
We continue to be strung along by them, instead of them just being honest with us.
If I hear another "should be here in a few weeks" or "production is increasing" or "they will be coming in thick and fast soon" I'll just have to take another beer in the Garden.

Help the poor man here who's been waiting 5 months.
"Im not worthy, im not worthy".
We'll have to start a self help group soon.
I'll stand up and say "i'm Bob and i've been waiting 3 months for my Pro-Connect", and all the group will take a deep breath and nod their heads in empathy.
Like an AA meeting!

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Help the poor man here who's been waiting 5 months.
"Im not worthy, im not worthy".
We'll have to start a self help group soon.
I'll stand up and say "i'm Bob and i've been waiting 3 months for my Pro-Connect", and all the group will take a deep breath and nod their heads in empathy.
Like an AA meeting![/QUOTE]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

im thinking i might hear about the schwinn electric folding bike befor you connect...and rumour has it schwinn are down the pan...:cool:

WALKERMAN

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2008
I've been in touch with Tim and he says "you should pay the price we agreed at the time of sale, ie the introductory price for that model, as you placed your order even before that model was launched."
That's great, so now I'm just waiting patiently for the bike......

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
Has anyone heard that the Pro-Connect will now be delayed until August.
This would be very bad news for all of us who are still waiting.

Maybe 50cycles can tell us what they may know about these rumours.

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Has anyone heard that the Pro-Connect will now be delayed until August.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes i have heard............................................................................probably read it in the same posting as you, i was actually going to mention it to you but i didnt want to cause a beer shortage for the rest of us..:rolleyes:

rafepurnell

Apr 20, 2008
Please no........ hope thats just a rumour.

I am on my third week cycling. Today I used my own bike. I bought it last week off ebay for 20 quid. Stripped it down to the bearings cleaned it and put it back together again. 20 inch frame, put road/xc tyres on it. Runs nice and sweet. Still got a problem with mountain bike handle bars though. Achy wrists after 20 mins. Might need to get some of those gay bars. ;-)

I swear, with the stuff I dragged out of the central axle, its been at the bottom of a canal. The guy who sold it me lives on a barge. Go figure.

Anyhow... It was throwing it down on the way into work today, I got really wet, but my new bike worked a treat. Was in top gear almost all the way. Fitness is on the up and I felt good when I got there. So the only worring weather left is cold.

I am starting to talk myself out of the need for a pedelec. I really thought I was passed it at 41 but it dont seem to be the case, starting to feel healthy. I really wanted one too, very cool in sooooo many ways.

If I do get another month delay then I will need to talk to 50c about getting my voucher and deposit back and getting that Specialized Epic Comp 2008 that I had my eye on. That will be no easy task I am sure.

Gonna try and hang in there though.

Last edited:

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
If I do get another month delay then I will need to talk to 50c about getting my voucher and deposit back and getting that Specialized Epic Comp 2008 that I had my eye on. That will be no easy task I am sure.

Gonna try and hang in there though.[/QUOTE]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

excuse my ignorance but whats a "Specialized Epic Comp 2008".. is there a pic please.