Pro-Connect ordered?

UrbanPuma

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
When a business fails to produce/provide there is something seriously wrong. On that basis I have decided not to purchase a kalhoff pro connect until there is a choice of dealers.
I think you have made the right decision Echowind. Hope more dealers evolve soon.

echowind

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2008
Yes more dealers required and quickly. I don't see it as negative at all, just an observation of the current state of affairs. Nothing that saves me money is negative. I like to hear the views of others even when they don't agree with mine. Outside the sun is out, the sky is blue and the wind is sleeping. Ideal cycling weather. too bad I'm stuck in the house recovering from nasal surgery. An electric bike right now would be just the thing for me, my stitches wouldn't bust open while climbing and grunting up that steep hill out of town.

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
Yes more dealers required and quickly. I don't see it as negative at all, just an observation of the current state of affairs. Nothing that saves me money is negative. I like to hear the views of others even when they don't agree with mine. Outside the sun is out, the sky is blue and the wind is sleeping. Ideal cycling weather. too bad I'm stuck in the house recovering from nasal surgery. An electric bike right now would be just the thing for me, my stitches wouldn't bust open while climbing and grunting up that steep hill out of town.
No such luck echowind.
Your recovery will be quick, no chance of bursting your stitches.

oldosc

Pedelecer
May 12, 2008
I know of one via the forum, though it was a 49cm stepthrough frame.
Just read this lot, I will put in a word for the 50s boys,asked "got a bike" they said "yeh" ordered the Agutta on a thursday, had to wait till wednesday before delivery(i think).done about 200 miles so far..

iaing

Pedelecer
May 27, 2008
L31
And have you got your bike yet?
Anybody else have any news regarding delivery yet?
Yes arrived 07:40 on Wednesday 4th. Not had a chance to try it yet so nothing really to add. No English instructions (there should have been an A4 translation, apparently) but 50cycles have said they will send me a pdf of same.

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
Yes arrived 07:40 on Wednesday 4th. Not had a chance to try it yet so nothing really to add. No English instructions (there should have been an A4 translation, apparently) but 50cycles have said they will send me a pdf of same.
What delivery did you get.
Frame size?
Frame type ie stepthrough or gents?

hivez

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 19, 2008
Bridgend South Wales
My 49cm Pro-Connect diamond frame arrived last Thursday

Hi I ordered my Pro-connect at the Rally a couple of weeks ago. I was told 2 weeks for delivery and it arrived at 50 cycles last Wednesday. I couldn't wait for delivery and drove up from South Wales on the Thursday. It's a diamond frame 49cm. I was tempted to wait for the 53cm but when I tried the 49cm it has a 56cm top tube which is pretty long for me. I'm 5ft 10" and it fits perfectly, I've not stopped riding it since, it's fantastic. Hope this helps those who can't decide on the frame size, my inside leg measurement is 31 inches (groin to floor) there is about another six inches of safety on the seatpost so I guess it would fit someone bigger again if you prefer a compact type frame. I can't fault the service I have received from 50 cycles they did everything they said they would, the showroom was full of bikes and they were pretty busy with other customers while I was there. I know that's easy to say when you've got your pride and joy sat at home, I hope the larger sizes arrive soon for those waiting it really is a great bike.

Dave

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
Hi I ordered my Pro-connect at the Rally a couple of weeks ago. I was told 2 weeks for delivery and it arrived at 50 cycles last Wednesday. I couldn't wait for delivery and drove up from South Wales on the Thursday. It's a diamond frame 49cm. I was tempted to wait for the 53cm but when I tried the 49cm it has a 56cm top tube which is pretty long for me. I'm 5ft 10" and it fits perfectly, I've not stopped riding it since, it's fantastic. Hope this helps those who can't decide on the frame size, my inside leg measurement is 31 inches (groin to floor) there is about another six inches of safety on the seatpost so I guess it would fit someone bigger again if you prefer a compact type frame. I can't fault the service I have received from 50 cycles they did everything they said they would, the showroom was full of bikes and they were pretty busy with other customers while I was there. I know that's easy to say when you've got your pride and joy sat at home, I hope the larger sizes arrive soon for those waiting it really is a great bike.

Dave
Hi there Dave,
I wanted to go down last week and try out the 49cm but I was advised not to buy them. They said I would be too scrunched up on the 49cm and should wait for the 53cm, so its interesting to hear your evaluation of the 49cm's fit.
Im 5ft 11in with a 31inch inside leg.
But hey ho the waiting goes on.
Regards Bob.

PS Do you have any pictures of the bike to post please, please, please.

PPS Also forgot to ask....What are the handlebars like on the bike. Like on the picture or are the handlebars different?
One stepthrough Pro-Connect owner got their Pro-Connect with Agattu like handlebars (moustache type).
See pictures for comparison.
Electric bicycles photographs and images - Gallery page with photographs of all 50cycles UK electric bikes

Last edited:

joab

Pedelecer
You should get a 49cm as the bike has sloping frame. On a normal frame the 53cm would be perfect.

I wrote this already before when you asked about the frame size.
Kind regards,
Jo

Compact Frame
Traditional "road" frames have been built with level top tubes since the early 1900s. The influence of mountain and BMX bike design has led to the increasing popularity of frames with sloping top tubes, higher at the front.
"Compact" road frames have sloping top tubes, and are intended to be used with a long seatpost. Compact frames are a little bit lighter than traditional ones, but this is partially offset by the weight of the longer seatppost. Some riders believe they are stiffer.

Manufacturers like them because they are more versatile in terms of fit. Usually 3 or 4 sizes are enough to fit 98% of customers. This saves a lot of money for a manufacturer who doesn't need to deal with so many SKUs.
Sheldon Brown's Bicycle Glossary Cn--Cz

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
You should get a 49cm as the bike has sloping frame. On a normal frame the 53cm would be perfect.

I wrote this already before when you asked about the frame size.
Kind regards,
Jo

Compact Frame
Traditional "road" frames have been built with level top tubes since the early 1900s. The influence of mountain and BMX bike design has led to the increasing popularity of frames with sloping top tubes, higher at the front.
"Compact" road frames have sloping top tubes, and are intended to be used with a long seatpost. Compact frames are a little bit lighter than traditional ones, but this is partially offset by the weight of the longer seatppost. Some riders believe they are stiffer.

Manufacturers like them because they are more versatile in terms of fit. Usually 3 or 4 sizes are enough to fit 98% of customers. This saves a lot of money for a manufacturer who doesn't need to deal with so many SKUs.
Sheldon Brown's Bicycle Glossary Cn--Cz

Yep, I know you did Jo, but the frame thing continues to remain "fuzzy logic" in general.

hivez

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 19, 2008
Bridgend South Wales
Pro Connect picture

I've taken a quick picture of my Pro Connect hope it attaches to this. The handlebars are similar to XC monkey bars mountain bike style they are pretty good the grips are excellent they have a flap of rubber that rests on the fleshy part of your palm which if I remember can suffer damage to the nerves if not protected. I swaped the seat for a Fizik Aliante the standard is to soft for me I also put in a Specialized carbon seat post with the zertz comfort insert- great shock absorbing device. The original seatpost is fine weight wise I was supprised how light it was. Couple of things to check are the rear light had bare wires showing (covered with mastic) and the brake blocks on the front brake had 2 left handed ones fitted which because they are handed tended to twist the rim rather than clamp on when braking (£2.00 from bike shop so no hardship). Anyone who want pictures/measurements just let me know

Dave

Attachments

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
I've taken a quick picture of my Pro Connect hope it attaches to this. The handlebars are similar to XC monkey bars mountain bike style they are pretty good the grips are excellent they have a flap of rubber that rests on the fleshy part of your palm which if I remember can suffer damage to the nerves if not protected. I swaped the seat for a Fizik Aliante the standard is to soft for me I also put in a Specialized carbon seat post with the zertz comfort insert- great shock absorbing device. The original seatpost is fine weight wise I was supprised how light it was. Couple of things to check are the rear light had bare wires showing (covered with mastic) and the brake blocks on the front brake had 2 left handed ones fitted which because they are handed tended to twist the rim rather than clamp on when braking (£2.00 from bike shop so no hardship). Anyone who want pictures/measurements just let me know

Dave

Thanks so much for the picture Dave.
It look fine with the crossbar. Not too high.
Ill check out the wires at the back when I pick it up.
Im having an 18 tooth rear spocket fitted in shop before pickup due to lots of feedback about the undergearing of the bike.

Thanks again, Bob.

Last edited:

WALKERMAN

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2008
Pro Connect

Dave
The Pro Connect looks really good, a lot better looking than my Giant Lafree ST.
I hope my 53cm arrives soon.
Let us know how it performs.

WALKERMAN

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2008
So you've been waiting around 22 weeks.
Do you have any hair left? (from pulling it out i mean).
I ran out of hair years ago.
Was getting a bit concerned about delivery when I found this site and realized I was not alone.