quick battery question

neilhapgood

Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2020
Hi Folks,

I am looking to get the TSDZ2 48v/500w motor from PSWpower.

However I am a little baffled by which battery to get, PSW state the batteries as being suitable for the Bafang TSDZ2 which obviously doesn't exist as a model, I don't know if this means they will work for both Bafang motors and the TSDZ2 or it's an typing error by PSW and they only work with Bafang?!

I want to use the bike to complete about a 15 mile round trip, mainly flat pulling a bike trailer with about 25kg's of kitesurfing equipment.

There seems to be 2 options, the cheaper one being this, I was going to go for the 14.5ah samsung version:

or this more expensive one, again I was thinking the 14.5ah samsung.

Any help would be hugely appreciated, on the following questions:

1 - Would either of these batteries work with a TSDZ2 48v/500w motor?

2 - Would there be any difference between the cheaper and more expensive batteries above?

3 - Would 14.5ah be enough to complete the 15 mile round trip ,mainly flat, pulling a trailer?

Again any help MUCH appreciated!

Thanks all
Neil

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
the first battery is 36v, so no. the other would be OK. Basically, what you need to look at is the maximum continuous discharge rate, which should be 25 amps or more. The 750w 48v version of the motor is 18 amps, and you need at least 5 amps of headroom.. I would guess that a 500w version would be 15 amps, so you could maybe get away with 20 amps max cont discharge.

Reactions: neilhapgood

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Both the 48v 14.5Ah and 17.5Ah packs contain decent branded cells and are more than capable of powering the 500/750 watt tsdz2 drive on a 15 mile round trip. If your budget allows I would spend the extra $40 and go with the 17.5Ah.

Reactions: neilhapgood