Range on a New 500mAh Bosch

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
eco tour sport and turbo on my display, your 1 different ?

Mar 9, 2016
Sorry I was being obtuse. I find that tour easily gets me up the steepest of hills and have yet to find a use for turbo
I,m with you on that. Use highest on mine occasionally but standard gets me up anything. Coming to conclusion to leave it on standard all time, can adjust range with riding style.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
not going 25mph it wont no lol.

try coopers hill :) need turbo and some just to even move up that. not sure i even want to try it now its like a cliff to old for the 50m back flip.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I,m with you on that. Use highest on mine occasionally but standard gets me up anything. Coming to conclusion to leave it on standard all time, can adjust range with riding style.
Surprisingly I am liking eco with just an occasional nudge of tour when needed, whereas on my bosch classic I run in sport or turbo all the time. I at first thought it was extra power from the cx motor but now I think they must have rejigged the whole thing..

• Agree
Reactions: Izzyekerslike

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
not going 25mph it wont no lol.

try coopers hill :) need turbo and some just to even move up that. not sure i even want to try it now its like a cliff to old for the 50m back flip.
Don't forget I am an old fart....
There is a road locally called Kildwick straight where as teenagers we used to race our motorbikes and other silly stuff.
It's slightly downhill to start and often has a tailwind.. well I have held 30 mph on there on an unpowered bike... everywhere else is 16..... powered or not.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
was the classic motor 50nm ?and now the cx is 75nm might explain the different modes between the 2.;)

on the cheese rolling site it suggest you buy extra underwear if going down it pmsl

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Phill, funny that you mention the CX motor.

My performance Line motor on the FS is running a 15t front, and 11 - 42 rear and the hard tail with CX motor is running a 16t front and 10 - 42 rear, and yet eco on the CX motor feels the same as tour on the Performance line. So very much better. :)

Mar 9, 2016
I,ve got a pre cx motored bike on loan and it feels one setting down against my yam. The CX I tried on demo felt if anything slightly more than yam in higher cadence and almost identical at lower.
I know all they claim to have changed is zero cadence help but its more than that.
The CX definitely feels more powerful.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Phill, funny that you mention the CX motor.

My performance Line motor on the FS is running a 15t front, and 11 - 42 rear and the hard tail with CX motor is running a 16t front and 10 - 42 rear, and yet eco on the CX motor feels the same as tour on the Performance line. So very much better. :)
On the flat and mild gradients I can easily reached the cut off in eco and wondered at first if it was the bike being a bit lighter and more free running cos its new and that was the difference, but on a hill in eco if I Lock out out the sus and get out of the saddle it rocks up short hills which I am doing more and more and liking it...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well its 15% over the performance motor but the power for that has to come from somewhere to give the extra 15nm

so the 500w batt should get more miles on the performance motor given it uses 15% less power and its more amps than the 400w batt.

why there is not much point on a cx motor on a sclass bike as all performance motors.

fact you cant even get a sclass motor on a fs haibike.

Mar 9, 2016
Completely OT but being able to adjust tyre pressures on move would be fantastic for emtb
I,ve settled on 25 psi on mine, for tracks I,m doing...but its a definite compromise. They feel soft and draggy on bit of road and too hard on stony technical path.One day perhaps ???
Notice it far more than in standard mtb, simply because rides are way longer and have to encompass a bigger variety of terrain.??!!

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Completely OT but being able to adjust tyre pressures on move would be fantastic for emtb
I,ve settled on 25 psi on mine, for tracks I,m doing...but its a definite compromise. They feel soft and draggy on bit of road and too hard on stony technical path.One day perhaps ???
In your dreams...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
try setting up the suspension first for ur waight then set the tyre psi.

at speed round corners i have ripped the tyre off the rim 2 times with low psi.

not sure any system would be fast enough to keep up tbh.

or you can use a pro core kit for 2 air chambers in each wheel tho be a complete waste of money unless you are going full //DH

Mar 9, 2016
It would be fast enough to keep up with me..my average speed today was 11..4 mph..
Thanks tho. I,ll bear it in mind. Rear suspension should be easy..its a hard tail.

Francis Albert

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 19, 2018
Manchester
Just found this thread after a week with my Cube with Cx performance 500 and two runs of around 30 miles and I’m really disappointed with the range.
Mostly old railway paths so no big climbs and not on turbo at all pedalling with purpose must of the time.
Just charged it
Turbo 24 emtb 27 tour 38 miles
Not impressed