Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Wow that's great and good to see your council encouraging cycling in this way

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
The most regular item is to keep the chain lubed, followed by adjusting the brakes & probably the gears, once everything has bedde-in.
None of it is very technical & you might try googling Sheldon Brown for good down-to-earth guides: Good reading if you want to learn about bike maintenance.

KellyBear

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2014
Greater Manchester
I've just returned from a 10 mile bike ride.

I cycled round a local reservoir and then headed back to the road and cycled what would be part of my journey to work - I could have gone further but didn't want to end up knackered on my first proper outing and then have to cycle all the way back.

Battery was just over half full, I used a lot of pedal assist (mostly on highest setting on the roads) and throttle at traffic lights and generally setting off.

I came across a few idiots when on the road, one being a driver shouting fat b*tch at me from the other side of the road but he wasn't exactly a twig.... I just ignored him, someone getting WAAAAY to close to me and making me wobble a bit and finally the worst - a group go young lads purposely spraying me with windscreen washer as they drove past ( I know it was on purpose as they were laughing).

Hey ho, least I was out in the fresh air and having fun!! :D

Here are a few pictures, a post-ride red faced me and my celebratory homemade flapjack when I finished.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

KellyBear

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2014
Greater Manchester

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I really like the orange

May I submit the "TangeMachine"

In addition to the Flying Satsuma and Jaffa Cake options !

Barry J

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 6, 2014
Thanks for posting this up. I also have a step thru, albeit 36V.