Single wall alloy on fronthub?

flik9999

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2016
london
Hey so to cut the story short a car run over my fromtwheel meaning I need to get my wherl rebuilt.

Now I gave the guy at the bikeshop a single wall alloy rim with 36 holes. He said hes unsure whether it will be able to support the extra weight of the motor for long. What do people think?

NJS

Pedelecer
Oct 14, 2017
Uk
Hey so to cut the story short a car run over my fromtwheel meaning I need to get my wherl rebuilt.

Now I gave the guy at the bikeshop a single wall alloy rim with 36 holes. He said hes unsure whether it will be able to support the extra weight of the motor for long. What do people think?
I would have thought it would depend upon whether the motor is a sub-4kg geared <1kW unit or a >10kg 3kW+ unit; and the width & section shape of the rim.

D

Deleted member 4366

The motor weighs 2 or 3 kg. The weight on the front wheel is around 50kg during normal riding, and way more than 100kg when braking, so the motor weight makes no significant difference. The rider weight is more significant than the motor, but he didn't look at your beer belly and say no, did he?

• :D
Reactions: NJS and MikelBikel