Solution for chain suck, Bosch performance line

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Are you sure that the front sprocket is not worn out. I discarded my chain device not long after making it. With the clutch engaged, the one and only time that I have had chain suck occur, was this year when I put a new chain on, but didn't replace the front sprocket. The sprocket was not overly worn, ,but changing it solved the issue straight away.

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Ok, guess what happened!?

It sucked so hard that it bent the bracket!

20170421_073221_edit.jpg

The tape works though! Always something.

And my package is still lost it seems. I'm gonna order the same things again now!

I'm going postal.jpg

/Edit: @EddiePJ : Yes, now that you mention it, seem like the only logical reason it is that bad now. It looks actually a little curved on the teeths. Will order a new one at the same time. Thanks man, now I have learnt at least three new things of this!

Reactions: VictoryV

E-Wheels

Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2016
Since I broke my rear derailleur I now changed to an old one I had, an XT without clutch. This chain suck problem was REALLY bad with this :(
so... I had to do something, googled a little and found various solution including this thread... and... I now made an Eddie-bracket here:

Works great, but the chain rattles quite good against it, sounds bad but works good. This is the second attempt to glue it, this time with some acrylic tape that use to stick really well on everything. Hope it will last.

View attachment 18831
If I'm not mistaken that appears to be an IKEA bracket

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0611.JPG
give you something to check it against as there expensive!

Reactions: Deere John

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you need a off set sprocket as with that the chain will be in the tyre as will be to close to the motor.

there 90 euro from pcg.

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
you need a off set sprocket as with that the chain will be in the tyre as will be to close to the motor.

there 90 euro from pcg.
ohh, holy ****! Seems there is a special kind for fatbikes. Well... I ordered Bosch-items from Best-Bike-Parts two weeks ago. Found it there for 99€. Since I (now) value fast shipping and have used them with good sucess I ordered from them again. What is PCG?

Hope this is the final piece in the puzzle now! Now I'll jump onto my push-MTB and will go far a very nice forrest ride, this time breaking some sweat :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
The haibike ones work perfectly. The likes of the connex are cheap, but cause issues with alignment and can damage case as clearance is poor.

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Got my new sprocket today, looks better :) and works better :)

One note: If you are to change sprocket, also buy the nut and o-ring. Because those don't last long either and you might need to replace them also. I wonder why they can't be bundled together, well well. Cleansed them and they looked quite ok but next time I need to replace them. These things have rolled 2033 km so they have been through alot. (not that this distance is so long but it actually seems to be enough for some parts :) ..)

Haibike Sprocket comparison.jpg

More photos here: http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/emtb-owners-photo-and-ride-thread.24089/page-61#post-372833

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
he got no other option tho with a fat bike as no one else makes the sprockets that size and like the one piece haibike ones.

the only other one i have got to work is the dual kit but as i just use the 18t anyway just want a 18t haibike one just dont want to pay that much tho i have a 16t if anyone wants to swap.;)

another thing is i have not seen a 12spd haibike yet with the ses wheel pcg sell the eagle sprockets so im guessing then will also need a custom sprocket to work?

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
he no longer posts on here but imo he did it him self but you can get this but not cheap.

you could also try a off set front chain ring so there is more space between the motor and sprocket as use these on my haibike

berow

Just Joined
Jan 19, 2022
Newcastle upon Tyne
he no longer posts on here but imo he did it him self but you can get this but not cheap.

you could also try a off set front chain ring so there is more space between the motor and sprocket as use these on my haibike
I have seen this but my question is has anyone fitted it to a cube?