Spotted on eBay: Kalkhoff E-bike Agattu 2009 Brand New

Biged

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2010
Watnall, Nottingham
Yer pays yer money and yer takes yer choice.
I have purchased many hundreds of items on eBay, some pennies, some thousands, i have purchased from Ireland, France, Hong Kong, China, USA and Australia, i have had very few problems.

Cash transactions can have there own problems, particularly when buying cars!

rooel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2007
This item is still listed on eBay but at the very top of the page are the words "This listing has ended". The bike does not appear to have been sold as no buyer appears on the listing.

D

Deleted member 4366

yes ebay a nest of vipers....

interesting case the other week. someone sold a mobile phone and received payment via paypal...sent the phone to buyer. buyer claimed it was faulty and got money returned but kept the phone. seller ends up with no phone and no money....

for big items make it a face to face cash transaction
I don't know where you got this from, but it doesn't ring true to me. To get a refund from Paypal, it's a condition that you return the item and ship it with a signed-for delivery service. You can't get your money until it's been signed for unless of course the seller puts his hands up and agrees that the item was sent faulty or agrees that he doesn't want it returned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Biged

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2010
Watnall, Nottingham
This item is still listed on eBay but at the very top of the page are the words "This listing has ended". The bike does not appear to have been sold as no buyer appears on the listing.
All this sellers listings are 'private' so no buyer will appear, the item is no longer listed, if you do a search for it, it will not come up. Its only available to view if you have saved the listing previously.

The seller has 100% feedback on 514 sales, most shops would struggle to achieve that! :)

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
yes but his feedback is for mainly pots of face cream, and some individuals have ordered tons of the stuff ramping up his percentage score...

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
When I was first looking into buying a bike I remember a similar tale about bike traveling to/from Germany/Hungary. It was advertised online but cant remember if it was Ebay or not. Gumtree possibly. It just sounds very familiar.

Biged

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2010
Watnall, Nottingham
You have absolutely no idea what his/her sales are, the vast majority being private, once more your personal opinion.
So you don't like eBay, i don't know if you have ever used it or if a 'nest of vipers' is just another biased opinion.
I have seen eBay sellers report users of this site in the past for there persistent accusations and questions of honesty on genuine sales of ebikes and parts.
There to many busybodies and self appointed 'police' in this country

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
You have absolutely no idea what his/her sales are, the vast majority being private, once more your personal opinion.
So you don't like ebay, i don't know if you have ever used it or if a 'nest of vipers' is just another biased opinion.
Errr......Yes I do. As like I said when I looked at his feedback, a few names came up well over 30 times, i did not bother looking through more then 2 pages? I do a fair bit on ebay myself and made about £1000 this last month getting rid of stuff for our imminent house move. I think it is a great resource and the vipers comment was a joke but not the face to face comment. Also I actually thought this seller looked reasonably genuine as he selling many bikes from the same parent group (Focus - non electric)

Lighten up....