Super-lightweight 1.2kg 200W motor kit NEW - For Brompton or similar?

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
I have a brand new super-lightweight high quality 1.2kg 200W motor kit surplus if anyone is interested, feel free to make an offer. I'll post a picture later when I can get over to the warehouse.

It's 36H and spoked into in a 16" front-wheel double-walled rim (not suitable for disc brakes), so would be ideal and readily fit a Brompton or similar folder.

I had planned to fit it to a Mezzo which uses the exact same wheels as the Brompton, but the front-wheel drop-out on the Mezzo (necessary as part of the fold) makes this a challenge and would require re-working the Mezzo's QR mechanism onto this motor hub axle. My engineer thinks it's not that difficult though, if someone owns a Mezzo and wants to try it.

It's 36v motor with black or white LCD, brake lever sensors (or in-line brake sensor), PAS, thumb throttle, and a controller.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Does it have the correct 37 x 349 rim for bromptons?

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
I think yes, I'm not mistaken the Mezzo and Brompton rims are interchangeable.

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
This kit is brand new never used and available from UK stock for next working day delivery (£12) or economy delivery (3 days) £6 (can go to a pick-up point if preferred).

Flexible on price, feel free to make a reasonable offer, else I'll post up a price shortly.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Is it goldant or q85 motor?

And dropout width?

Sine wave controller?

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
I have a technical drawing I will upload.. this is a custom motor, not being resold from another factory. It is made by the factory I have a contract with to special order. My company has exclusive marketing rights for distribution. It's probably the lightest motor available in a front-wheel drive configuration and can be spoked (free of charge) in LCD kit form to any rim size. Or motors cam be provided by themselves, without or without an internal speed sensor.

The motor I'm offering here (from UK stock) is silver in a 36v 200W 16" (Brompton compatible rim) with external speed sensor, LCD, brake sensors, and PAS, 36v controller, external speed sensor and thumb throttle. It's brand, never fitted to a bike.

A battery cam be supplied (CycleCharge branded budget) or a Samsung 2600 bottle battery/frog battery, whatever you need. I cam also supply the same motor in black powder coated with internal speed sensor. and we're working on an external wheel drive version...

Melvin Tooker

Just Joined
Jan 31, 2015
Hi Morphix,
I am looking for a kit with a lightweight motor such as this to put into a 700c wheel.
Is it still for sale? If so, how much are you looking for the kit?
Melly

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
If it worked with disks I would have one.