Swytch Conversion

Annie12

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 5, 2015
Has anybody on the forum taken delivery of a Swytch conversion kit yet ??
The first delivery date has come and gone, so I would presume there must have been some deliveries

spanos

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2011
Has anybody on the forum taken delivery of a Swytch conversion kit yet ??
The first delivery date has come and gone, so I would presume there must have been some deliveries
I recall it was pushed back to June

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Webpage still say's June but from what other posters have said it may (not the month :rolleyes:) be not until July now.

Annie12

Dec 5, 2015
The old saying 'if its too good to be true it probably is' springs to mind,
I am contacting my card provider today for a refund as I have a bad feeling about this.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I do think Panda will deliver on this project eventually, but I can also see it easily becoming their demise, especially if these delays continues.

raymee

Mar 12, 2015
If you check the small print you will have 'Invested' in the project with no guarantees or security, the perk of the 'Investment' was a cheap kit, the crowd -funder has taken your money - taken their excellent commission with added fees and will point out to you that its a risky business whilst continuing to promote numerous other dubious products with no care as to the eventual outcome, all totally outside any UK financial regulation.
You quote ' if its too good to be true............
I think the crowd funder quotes ' There's one born every minute '

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You take the plunge and then hope they deliver on it, a bit like shares you might or might not get back all or any of you money.
Though being Panda one would think eventually it may appear, though as all ready been said could lead to their demise it all goes pear shaped.
Maybe Panda could come on and reassure folk of progress ?

Swytch Bike

Trade Member
Sep 10, 2014
Hi all - thanks for your support and interest in the Swytch conversion kit (which as you on here know is the result of years of Panda Bike's 5 years experience in the eBike industry, and a desire to make conversion kits easier and simpler to fit, as well as more affordable)

The project is bang on track in all ways that really matter (motors, batteries, key components etc.) however we have experienced delays as a result of the complexity of preparing 1,500 orders all at once, for 1,500 different customers that all want different specifications.

Rest assured the product is on the way, and compared with other crowd-funding projects in the past such as MATE bike, SONDORS and URBANEXT we are leaps and bounds ahead in terms of delivery timing. You will be waiting a matter of a few months extra as opposed to years :)

Moreover, we have made significant improvements to the product, and upgrades to specifications for no extra cost (e.g. upgrading to branded LG cells). Our priority is making sure the first 1,500 kits on the market are top quality - we are sure that a few months delay will quickly be forgotten when you realise what a brilliant deal you have gotten as we already have huge interest internationally in our system, selling with an RRP of £550 (even higher than originally advertised)

If you want to keep up to date with progress of production please check here:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/swytch-convert-any-bike-into-an-ebike/x/17692689#/updates/all